You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Natural History Museum to overhaul dinosaur exhibit for new 'climate messaging' display

Started by HD-man, September 15, 2024, 04:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD-man

This article doesn't answer the most important question: What's planned for the new Dinosaur Gallery (I.e. Where in the museum it's going, what it's gonna look like, etc)?: https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1948671/natural-history-museum-overhaul-dinosaur
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Justin_

I haven't visited the dinosaur gallery there for about 10 years as it was desperately in need of an overhaul last time I went. It was unnecessarily dark. Was this to make it seem scary? Also a large area was taken up by what had become very worn-out animatronics. I'd love to see their dinosaur exhibits in a big, bright space like the mammals gallery, or the way the Oxford University Museum of Natural History displays them.

stargatedalek

So they long as they don't just replace it all with skeletons on blank white background like ROM did. I don't understand why so many museums are trying to become art galleries/wikipedia pages.

Sim

Thanks for that link H @HD-man!  I'm excited to hear the Natural history museum will be updating its dinosaur gallery, it needed it.  I'm curious about the changes the dinosaur gallery will have.  I've been visiting it since I was little and the only specimen change it's had during that time is the addition of a Centrosaurus skull.  I remember the NHM's Diplodocus was made more accurate prior to it going on tour, so I think something like that might happen to some other specimens that need it.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.