News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

should i wait?

Started by postosuchus, March 12, 2024, 02:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postosuchus

I ordered the figures from an online store in November with untracked delivery. the parcel has not arrived yet. Is there anything I can do about this situation or nothing other than periodically visiting my local post office?

I do not recommend that you choose untracked shipping. even if it's cheap.

Sim

I think you should contact the store you bought the figures from about this.  Around three to four months for delivery of figures doesn't seem reasonable to me.

postosuchus

avatar_Sim @Sim, I contacted the store in January. I was told to wait a couple more weeks.

I do not blame the seller. Probably someone at the post office took my parcel for themselves.

Sim

It sounds like you need to decide what to do about an order that probably won't arrive.  Perhaps you could get what you paid back and order the models from somewhere else?

postosuchus

avatar_Sim @Sim, I ordered figures from Everithing Dinosaur. I didn't find the information I needed on their website. Do you think they are responsible for undelivered goods (sent by untracked shipping) and I have the right to demand a refund?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: postosuchus on March 13, 2024, 12:52:00 PMavatar_Sim @Sim, I ordered figures from Everithing Dinosaur. I didn't find the information I needed on their website. Do you think they are responsible for undelivered goods (sent by untracked shipping) and I have the right to demand a refund?

I'd just drop them another email explaining the situation. Everything Dinosaur has an excellent reputation for customer service and I'm sure they will help if there's anything they can do, or they will let you know if it's completely out of their hands.

thomasw100

Quote from: postosuchus on March 13, 2024, 12:52:00 PMavatar_Sim @Sim, I ordered figures from Everithing Dinosaur. I didn't find the information I needed on their website. Do you think they are responsible for undelivered goods (sent by untracked shipping) and I have the right to demand a refund?

I would not wait too long. If you paid using Paypal you could get your money back in case the seller does not come up with a reasonable solution. For payments with Paypal, the seller has to be able to demonstrate that you received the goods (which is done by showing a delivery notice from the shipment company), and if the seller cannot demonstrate this, Paypal will always side with the buyer when a claim is filed. It does not matter if the seller has sales terms stating that untracked shipments would be the responsibility of the buyer.

I had to use a Paypal claim in very very rare cases like a seller that stopped responding completely after a shipment did not arrive or a seller that claimed that lost packages are always the responsibility of the buyer. In most cases a fair agreement with a seller can be reached. But when negotiating with a seller, it is useful to know the legal situation, because this gives you some leverage in case the seller comes up with an unreasonable proposal.

postosuchus

T @thomasw100, alas, I used an ordinary salary card, not PayPal. However, this information is useful for me.

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, thanks, I sent them an email.

avatar_Sim @Sim, also thanks for your answers.

thomasw100

Quote from: postosuchus on March 13, 2024, 05:18:35 PMT @thomasw100, alas, I used an ordinary salary card, not PayPal. However, this information is useful for me.

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, thanks, I sent them an email.

avatar_Sim @Sim, also thanks for your answers.

Perhaps you can check with your credit card company what their terms for online purchases are. Maybe they have some buyer protection similar to Paypal.

postosuchus

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 13, 2024, 09:29:38 PMPerhaps you can check with your credit card company what their terms for online purchases are. Maybe they have some buyer protection similar to Paypal.
my bank is not concerned about the safety of clients' money

postosuchus

I got my money back. I didn't even expect this. I highly recommend Everithing Dinosaur store.

thomasw100

Quote from: postosuchus on March 22, 2024, 03:02:21 AMI got my money back. I didn't even expect this. I highly recommend Everithing Dinosaur store.

Good that this worked out. It was clear that this would happen once you took this case to the forum. Everything Dinosaur probably reads what is going on here.

postosuchus

Quote from: thomasw100 on March 22, 2024, 07:11:18 AMIt was clear that this would happen once you took this case to the forum. Everything Dinosaur probably reads what is going on here.
it makes sense. You are probably right.

ceratopsian

Everything Dinosaur prides itself on customer service. They are very responsive to their customers.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.