News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Advice for kit buyers

Started by dgmilner, May 10, 2012, 02:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn144

Well that's just it, I'm not sure how you would go about finding out. Stupid question, did Galileo provide you with a tracking number? At least you would have a place to start. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to youTQ.

ProSauropod

I placed an order with him last summer, and the pkg. showed he shipped within a week of the order.  I received it 2 months later, so I can't fault him.  I'm in the continental US; factoring in a few thousand miles of ocean, customs, etc. it might not be unreasonable for the wait.  Keep us posted; he does have some interesting stuff  :-\

tyrantqueen

Quote from: ProSauropod on July 03, 2013, 10:52:27 PM
I placed an order with him last summer, and the pkg. showed he shipped within a week of the order.  I received it 2 months later, so I can't fault him.  I'm in the continental US; factoring in a few thousand miles of ocean, customs, etc. it might not be unreasonable for the wait.  Keep us posted; he does have some interesting stuff  :-\
I bought a Kaiyodo rex from a seller on eBay (goes by the handle of etaf) who also happens to be in Mexico. The package was shipped promptly (about a day after payment), well packaged and tracked. I didn't wait any longer than a week to receive it.

I understand that I can't expect this kind of service from a guy who has hundreds of orders to cast and fill...but really?? The fact that there is 0% communication doesn't help things either.

I managed to access my Clubhouse account, and emailed Galileo about the situation. To his credit, he did promise to look into it. However, he has not followed up on this promise so far, and that was about a week ago....I know where this is going ::)

I suppose I should have listened to the warnings that other collectors have posted, by I always get suckered in by his beautiful models :(

The only thing I have to say is Mr Galileo is a fantastic artist...but a terrible businessman :-X

Justin_

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 03, 2013, 07:44:24 PM
Quote from: jtn144 on July 03, 2013, 11:55:32 AM
There is another possibility that comes to mind,TQ. Perhaps your packages are being held up by customs?
If they were, is there anything I can do about it?

UK customs won't just hold onto something without letting you know. If they think import duty needs to be paid they'd have sent you a letter/bill complete with tracking details.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Bought an Anatotitan  kit from Shane and these guys were supposed to build and paint it. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horror-Houses/230937410275019

Shane was great, even installed the glass eyes for them. I found out last month after repeated queries about proof they admitted to only gluing it together and offered me a refund of 3/4 my money and to ship it to Martin Garratt. I've received no refund, it was said to have been shipped the last Saturday of June but I've received no proof of it and Martin hasn't seen it.  So I'm guessing they kept the kit and ripped me off since one of the owners, Amber Fawn Guy has blocked me after repeated requests for info.  They have an ebay and an etsy account as well if you see one go up for sale or at auction let me know as it's stolen.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I want to point out that Shane is AWESOME..he has very graciously offered to help me get a new Anatotitan kit. I can't thank him enough for picking me up when I so low today.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 22, 2013, 06:24:15 PM
Bought an Anatotitan  kit from Shane and these guys were supposed to build and paint it. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horror-Houses/230937410275019

Shane was great, even installed the glass eyes for them. I found out last month after repeated queries about proof they admitted to only gluing it together and offered me a refund of 3/4 my money and to ship it to Martin Garratt. I've received no refund, it was said to have been shipped the last Saturday of June but I've received no proof of it and Martin hasn't seen it.  So I'm guessing they kept the kit and ripped me off since one of the owners, Amber Fawn Guy has blocked me after repeated requests for info.  They have an ebay and an etsy account as well if you see one go up for sale or at auction let me know as it's stolen.

:o Shocking stuff!! Impudent!!
I will have an eye on this and will definitely let you know if anything seems suspective to me C:-).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 06, 2013, 02:23:46 PM
The only thing I have to say is Mr Galileo is a fantastic artist...but a terrible businessman :-X

Hm, Galileo again. I'm glad I don't like his kits too much anyway :-[.

Luckily I've never made any bad experiences with a Dinosaur model as a buyer.
As a seller I was betrayed once by a U.S. buyer supported by eBay.com >:(.
I have more than a thousand positive eBay-feedbacks with no negatives and I'm sorry to say that I hate the people at eBay.com.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on July 22, 2013, 09:19:58 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 22, 2013, 06:24:15 PM

:o Shocking stuff!! Impudent!!
I will have an eye on this and will definitely let you know if anything seems suspective to me C:-).

Quote from: tyrantqueen on July 06, 2013, 02:23:46 PM

Hm, Galileo again. I'm glad I don't like his kits too much anyway :-[.

Luckily I've never made any bad experiences with a Dinosaur model as a buyer.
As a seller I was betrayed once by a U.S. buyer supported by eBay.com >:(.
I have more than a thousand positive eBay-feedbacks with no negatives and I'm sorry to say that I hate the people at eBay.com.

Thanks, I appreciate it !

I actually quite like several of Galileo's pieces..but his shipping and business practices have made me wary of dealing with him in any way.

Your quite lucky, for every one good guy I find I fall in with 2-3 people that have no business sense, don't care for their customers or their opinions ( even on their own piece ) , or just plain want to rip you off and lie about it.

I have to agree about ebay..I use it but there is always a chance some deal will backfire for some reason.

fleshanthos

Blade, I'm a little suprised you don't resort to legal recourse. Small claims court needs a minimum of $50 as I recall; so your model should meet that criteria. If you aren't sure, most local universities have a free legal service where law students can look up the relevant laws and inform you what they are.
Someone has stolen from you, and treated you like a dupe. My advice is don't let the beady-eyed criminals dare get away with it. It only encourages more of that behavior.
Use every strategy available at your fingertips to get hold of these bastards and make them refund you. They are breaking the law we all agree to follow by living in society.
People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Laughable Beliefs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: fleshanthos on August 15, 2013, 01:33:45 PM
Blade, I'm a little suprised you don't resort to legal recourse. Small claims court needs a minimum of $50 as I recall; so your model should meet that criteria. If you aren't sure, most local universities have a free legal service where law students can look up the relevant laws and inform you what they are.
Someone has stolen from you, and treated you like a dupe. My advice is don't let the beady-eyed criminals dare get away with it. It only encourages more of that behavior.
Use every strategy available at your fingertips to get hold of these bastards and make them refund you. They are breaking the law we all agree to follow by living in society.

Hmm..I thought it was more ? Maybe 200.00 ?  I also think most don't want to handle out of state issues from what I've heard from friends/relatives.  Honestly I have no experience with the law or court system either.   This is only the most recent in a long line of being abused by online artists though. I'm really giving up hiring anyone else besides reputable individuals from now on.

tyrantqueen

Well, after a long struggle, I have finally received my 1/35 Carnotaurus. It's a bit of a long story, but it turns out it was never even shipped in the first place, due to miscommunication. I was able to contact Galileo via the Clubhouse (albeit I had to make a frustrated post on one his threads to get his attention) and sort things out.

It's in bits now, but I will post pics when I have assembled it a bit more :)

SpittersForEver

reinier zwanink

There is another possibility that comes to mind,TQ. Perhaps your packages are being held up by customs?

I dont know how you can find that out but still
If there where there why would that take 2 years you sad?!
Endangered species ?

Would it not be better to make a post where you can tell or show you personal about your order with pics of course
And let future buyers make the choice if the want to make that step or not?
A wall would stop one if he see's that name pop up just one time there

tyrantqueen

Quote from: reinier zwanink on March 12, 2015, 12:00:56 PM

I dont know how you can find that out but still
If there where there why would that take 2 years you sad?!
Endangered species ?

Would it not be better to make a post where you can tell or show you personal about your order with pics of course
And let future buyers make the choice if the want to make that step or not?
A wall would stop one if he see's that name pop up just one time there
This is an old post and the issue was resolved. I don't buy kits from Mr. Hernandez any more anyway. Anything of his that I like, I get from his Shapeways store.

QuoteIf there where there why would that take 2 years you sad?!
Endangered species ?
I'm not really sure what you mean here :-\

reinier zwanink

Never mind TQ
I did not noticed it was a old post

Dinophile

Love this dgmilner!  I am just getting into building and making dioramas, so thank you, for this post.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.