News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Question about flora during the cretaceous in what is now Canada

Started by gfxtwin, January 14, 2013, 08:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfxtwin

I'm currently painting a picture of a Albertosaurus attacking a couple of Styracosaurs, but I can't get a picture in my mind of what the background should look like.  For the sake of staying on topic, let's just say that I want to construct a diorama of the same setting.  Could someone please describe or post the best pictures they can find of the landscape during that time?  Thank you!

ZoPteryx

SBell

Find some Julius Csotonyi images. He has done a lot of work for Alberta paleo (where most of the images would be from anyway).

his site is here but he does a lot of other work too.

Or there's this one:

From the Royal Saskatchewan Museum diorama--the latest Cretaceous is more prevalent in southwest Saskatchewan than Alberta, but doesn't have quite the same marketing (part of the reason I'm out of a job now).

The RSM site is here

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.