News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Godzilla Design?

Started by DinoFan2010, September 04, 2024, 04:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoFan2010

What are your favorite designs of the King of the Monsters?
Don't hate me, but my favorite is the 1998 Design.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Giganotosaurus

Same! I love the 98 design! Such a fun movie too.
Mosasurus on Jurassic Mainframe and JPToys
Angurius on TohoKingdom

I love all the Jurassic movies, plus Disney's Dinosaur

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

fgh46

I love Godzilla 2014, 2019 and 2021 from modern ones!
From old Heisei or some Millineum movies like vs Megaguirus with color Godzilla or Monsters Attack with its truly infernal demonic Godzilla!
I also like the reimaginings of modern artists like Matt Frank!
I also love Godzilla from the Japanese attraction with the railway line!
Emmerich's design is too boring for me - if Acrocanthosaurus or any similarly sized theropod of medium size appeared in Primeval, it would look the same!

Brocc21

Legendary Goji (Gare and Doughe are basically the same design) and Finalgoji for sure.

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

I really don't not like any of them to be honest. My standout ones are 54', GvK, 1985, 90's Godzilla, GMK, Shin, Minus One, Monsterverse.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 05, 2024, 05:58:07 AMI really don't not like any of them to be honest. My standout ones are 54', GvK, 1985, 90's Godzilla, GMK, Shin, Minus One, Monsterverse.
By 90's, do you mean the Heisei Godzilla (Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla/vs. Destoroyah) or the Tristar Godzilla? Just wondering

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Pliosaurking

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on September 05, 2024, 01:26:33 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 05, 2024, 05:58:07 AMI really don't not like any of them to be honest. My standout ones are 54', GvK, 1985, 90's Godzilla, GMK, Shin, Minus One, Monsterverse.
By 90's, do you mean the Heisei Godzilla (Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla/vs. Destoroyah) or the Tristar Godzilla? Just wondering

Yes. Not 98'/Zilla/Gino lol It's not a bad design it's just not Godzilla to me really. I did like the cartoon version more.

TheCambrianCrusader

Shin by a mile. Minus one, Heisei (basically all the heisei designs are more or less the same), and GMK are all really high up as well. Shin just really captures the nuclear horror the best for me.

I like most of his designs to be fair. Only ones I actively don't like are 65-72, Hannah Barbera, Marvel, and obv Zilla.
Zilla's weird cuz obv he doesn't work as Godzilla but I feel like his design is still Godzilla coded enough to make being his own monster a little awkward. Idk he works as like a bizarro Godzilla but idk much else.

Over9K

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.