News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

guy building real life jurassic park!

Started by jaredasaurusrex21, April 04, 2013, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredasaurusrex21

Has anyone seen this?
some crazy billionairre is building a real life jurassic park,
ok the dinosaurs arent real, they are robots, but they are being made at a crazy high standard at look awesome :)

stoneage

Quote from: jaredasaurusrex21 on April 04, 2013, 04:09:13 PM
Has anyone seen this?
some crazy billionairre is building a real life jurassic park,
ok the dinosaurs arent real, they are robots, but they are being made at a crazy high standard at look awesome :)

Do you have a link to this?  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2302359/Australian-billionaire-reveals-plans-real-life-Jurassic-Park-ROBOTS.html

Simon

With his money you would think he could get more accurate replicas! 

Sc*ew the animatronics, order them from Charlie McGrady or the manufacturer that made the dinos for that Polish dinosaur park!

Great idea, terrible execution.

Seijun

Well, I guess they don't look as terrible as they could be...
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Patrx

Quote from: Simon on April 04, 2013, 08:28:29 PM
With his money you would think he could get more accurate replicas! 

Sc*ew the animatronics, order them from Charlie McGrady or the manufacturer that made the dinos for that Polish dinosaur park!

Great idea, terrible execution.

Except that Charlie McGrady doesn't put feathers on his deinonychusaurs. Or on anything, really. :o If this guy had commissioned up-to-date, animatronic dinosaurs, well, I'd be shopping for tickets to Australia.

ZoPteryx

Is it just me, or does that T. rex look way too big to be life size? ???

Takama

No it looks huge.  I wonder if they will get the Spinosaurus Right size (something im sure he is going to make, thanks to bloody Jurrasic Park 3)

tyrantqueen

Regardless of whether McGrady puts feathers on his maniraptorans or not..I still think his work is amazingly life-like, and his colour schemes are lovely too.

Maybe it's because most of his work that is displayed is '90s era stuff, which would explain the lack of feathers? Or does he have a personal objection to feathering his work?

jaredasaurusrex21

yeah i have a link, http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/02/clive-palmer-australian-billionaire-jurassic-park_n_2997159.html
he is also building a replica of the titanic cruise ship http://www.cruise.co.uk/
this guy has too much money and too much time on his hands.  >:(

Simon

Well, its his money to spend as he sees fit; he'll be employing a lot of people and feeding their families with these two projects.  The Titanic II is probably going to be profitable - if the reviews are positive ... a little eerie, however ...

Patrx

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2013, 09:38:29 AM
Regardless of whether McGrady puts feathers on his maniraptorans or not..I still think his work is amazingly life-like, and his colour schemes are lovely too.

Maybe it's because most of his work that is displayed is '90s era stuff, which would explain the lack of feathers?

Quite so! His Parasaurolophus is a personal favorite :) Are they really that old? The ones I've seen are so accurate (aside from the feathers) and vibrant that I'd assumed they were recent work.

martin garratt

Quote from: Patrx on April 04, 2013, 10:41:34 PM

Except that Charlie McGrady doesn't put feathers on his deinonychusaurs. Or on anything, really. :o If this guy had commissioned up-to-date, animatronic dinosaurs, well, I'd be shopping for tickets to Australia.
[/quote]

This is my 1:2 scale Velociraptor sculpted by Charlie McGrady, he has sculpted some really nice feathers on this one

Patrx

Wow! I'd seen that before, but initially assumed you'd added the feathers yourself.

Brontozaurus

As an inhabitant of the same continent as Clive Palmer I can tell you that the guy is a fruitloop. In addition to this, he's also funding 'Titanic II' (which is exactly what you think it is), and has claimed that the Australian Greens party is part of a conspiracy run by the CIA to destroy Australia. Owing to this I have no plans to visit his dinosaur park.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

CityRaptor

Sometimes it is the crazy things that work.

Those look pretty 90s and oversized, as others already pointed out, but not bad. Even if I have seen better.
Might visit there if I ever come to Australia.

Anyone knows how mobile these will be?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's a shame with so much money he went to China for his dinos..would have been much better off hiring some  local artists...there isn't anything really great about those other than they are dinosaurs.

amargasaurus cazaui

It might be only a guess, but the second Titanic is also being built in China, which suggests a common thread or reason why the dinosaurs might have come from there as well......it would also likely be a massive undertaking using quite a bit of steel.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Crackington

Let's hope it doesn't go near any icebergs on the way to Australia!

Balaur

Takama

Heres what i think

The guy is rich, yet he shops cheap from China.   China is cheap, people love cheap. China dont care if there dinos are terrible, cuz they get money from chepos like this guy, who might of just watched Jurrasic Park, and decided to make it a real place, not careing if the dinos are acurate or not, because he wants to buy them cheap.

Kind of like MR Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: