News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Titanoboa

Started by Brachiosaurus, March 22, 2012, 09:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brachiosaurus

Hi there, I wanted to know what toy company I could get a toy snake to use as a 1/40 scale titanoboa "48 ft is the length I'm looking to turn to 1/40 scale."

SBell

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on March 22, 2012, 09:58:37 PM
Hi there, I wanted to know what toy company I could get a toy snake to use as a 1/40 scale titanoboa "48 ft is the length I'm looking to turn to 1/40 scale."

So pretty much any 12" toy python? Try the Safari Incredible Creatures line, maybe some of the Bullylands, even some AAA figures. I'm not sure which ones suit you best, you'll have to hunt down which one you like most.

stoneage

;D  To be 48 feet, it's going to need to be 14.63 inches long.

SBell

Quote from: stoneage on March 23, 2012, 01:11:46 AM
;D  To be 48 feet, it's going to need to be 14.63 inches long.

Oops, forgot the golden rules of unit conversion.  :-[

Brachiosaurus

SBell

I did some quick looks, and it appears that Safari, Bullyland and K&M pretty much only make snakes way too big or too small for your purposes.

ZoPteryx

You'll probably need to look for non-name brand snakes.  Other than looking toy stores, maybe also try party supply stores.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.