News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

"Dino Hunt" short film project

Started by Mazzic23, May 10, 2013, 02:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazzic23

Hello Dino Toy Forum friends!

Although my account here is new, I'm a frequent visitor of the Forum. I wanted to share a dinosaur short film project I'm working on, Dino Hunt. Dino Hunt is a visual effects short film, in which we combine animated realistic-looking dinosaurs with live-action environment footage.

Our team, which consists of dinosaur enthusiasts and visual effects lovers, has been hard at work creating a Cretaceous dinosaur story that is both compelling and exciting. The Pre-Production phase is nearly complete, and we are gearing up for the live-action filming of the environments. We've recently launched an IndieGoGo campaign to help us progress forward with filming.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dino-hunt/

Thank you so much for your consideration. We hope you'll check out our prehistoric project! Feedback welcome!

Sincerely,

Frank-Joseph Frelier, Producer
http://dinohuntfilms.com/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Interesting.  Your dromeosaurs look really nice so far, feathers and all , heh, though I think they still have incorrect hand positions ?

DinoToyForum

Yes, thanks for sharing, the test looks amazing.  8)

Any clues what other critters will feature in the film?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2013, 08:56:28 AM

Looks like a battle of sorts between dromeosaurs and Styracosaurs.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2013, 05:12:52 PM

I wondered if there might be any background characters or cameos? pterosaurs? marine reptiles?  ;D

ZoPteryx

Very cool project!  I wish you the best of luck with it! :)

As Blade said, the dromeosaurs (Dromeosaurus itself?) look very good overall, except for the position of the hands, which need to be rotated so that the palms are facing each other.  The Styracosaurus looks good as far as I can tell, although I couldn't quite see if the front feet were correct; they should only have three clawed toes, with outer two toes being clawless stubs that probably didn't contact the ground.  Besides those points, your dinos look miles ahead of most other productions in terms of accuracy and aesthetics! ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dinotoyforum on May 10, 2013, 06:45:24 PM

I wondered if there might be any background characters or cameos? pterosaurs? marine reptiles?  ;D

Ah. I didn't see any in the art and such on the sites I looked through. Surely they might toss in a  pterosaur or two..most do. :)

Mazzic23

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2013, 11:41:10 PM

Ah. I didn't see any in the art and such on the sites I looked through. Surely they might toss in a  pterosaur or two..most do. :)

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions!

I've uploaded a video to our IndieGoGo page, that addresses the pronated raptor hands. Check it out! http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dino-hunt?c=activity

The 8-second "teaser trailer" was a technical test for us to see what exactly was achievable with the resources we have available to us. Rest assured: The raptors will have appropriately oriented hands, and also feathers! The 3D print of the model will not have feathers, unfortunately, as we're still developing the programming to make the feathers possible. So you'll get a naked/plucked dromaeosaurus, but with scientifically accurate hands! :-)

We do have one question, that hopefully you wonderful dinosaur enthusiasts might be able to offer opinions....where are the Styracosuaurs ear holes located??

Thanks again, everyone, for checking out our project! Please continue following along, and send any questions or advice our way! This dinosaur film is FOR dinosaur fans, BY dinosaur fans.

Frank-Joseph Frelier, Producer
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dino-hunt/

Mazzic23

We're looking to include some pterosaurs (or feathered/flying critters of some sort)....any suggestions of what might be site-appropriate? Styracosaurus and Dromaeosaurus - Cretaceous Campanian, Dinosaur Park Formation.

And it's probably obvious by this point...the short film is about a herd of Styracosaurs being hunted by Dromaeosaurs.

Balaur

Quote from: Mazzic23 on May 15, 2013, 05:07:21 AM

We're looking to include some pterosaurs (or feathered/flying critters of some sort)....any suggestions of what might be site-appropriate? Styracosaurus and Dromaeosaurus - Cretaceous Campanian, Dinosaur Park Formation.

And it's probably obvious by this point...the short film is about a herd of Styracosaurs being hunted by Dromaeosaurs.

Navajodactylus is a pterosaur from that area. There are also a few azharchids a bit similar to Quetzalcoatlus.