News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Creating "new" Invictas

Started by Libraraptor, April 22, 2013, 11:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Okay, maybe this idea / request is a little strange or silly. But I see a lot of creative minds with great ideas around, so I think I can ask you.
Thing is, Invictas have been out of production now for 20 years. I really love them and I´d like to see new ones. Unfortunately the chance that the original company starts sculpting and producing new ones is smaller than zero...
So why not make "Invictas" ourselves?
What is so special about the Invicta sculpt? And their colours? What makes them so unique.
And, most important for this thread:  which of the recent figures would look like a "real" Invicta dinosaur with the right colour "disguise"?
So all you custom lovers and other dinomaniacs around here, I´m looking forward to hearing of or even seeing some great ideas!

amargasaurus cazaui

That is a rather unique idea. I think some of the more recent shapeways pieces would definitely make good invicta style dinosaurs. I think Aaron has a good psittacosaurus up now, and I am very fond of the herrerasaurus by Bejerano, the main problem being do the figures all have to be in scale or can be there be two different size scales for the set?
Gorgonzola has made some rather amazing Parasaurs as well.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Primeval12

Maybe somebody could make dinosaurs that were found recently into what they could've been depicted to look like if they were found in the 1980s

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.