You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DISGA Dinosaurs - Anyone come across these yet?

Started by Blackdanter, April 23, 2013, 10:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

Morning folks.

DISGA are probably the Asian equivalent of the distributor Toyway that we used to have in the UK. They carry a lot of wildlife, fish and dinosaur figures which are usually re branded. In the territory they cover they carry the dinosaur egg puzzles that are commonly seen on Ebay. Their animal figures vary wildly in quality. A good selection of their wild animals are near AAA quality for instance but most of their dinosaurs are Chinasaurs at best. They do produce some intriguing fish sets and one includes a large Arowana whilst their Atlantic fish set includes a Cod! The problem with DISGA is that a lot of their inventory seems to be fleeting, much like the unusual Chinasaur sets that briefly appear from time to time.

I came across these a while back and was quite intrigued by a couple of the figures (particularly the Pterosaur). Has anyone actually got any of these figures? Are they knock offs of something else (they do look kinda familiar!)?

Here's some of the fish for the curious!

SBell

Neat stuff but strange--do they have a website or something?

Blackdanter

Quote from: SBell on April 23, 2013, 02:04:04 PM
Neat stuff but strange--do they have a website or something?

That's the thing Sean. I was doing a deep internet search for Japanese stuff a few weeks back and stumbled on their site by accident. I copied the images above (but not everything interesting) then got distracted! I can't find it again now! It was one of those link jumping accidents! Having kept the images I wondered if anyone else had seen them or even own any figures. Curiously, someone here came up with a Papo Allosaurus knock off recently which reminded me about it all as that was part of their inventory (which makes me wonder if these dinos are knock offs).   :-[

Horridus

Quote from: Blackdanter on April 23, 2013, 02:12:00 PM
Curiously, someone here came up with a Papo Allosaurus knock off recently which reminded me about it all as that was part of their inventory (which makes me wonder if these dinos are knock offs).   :-[
That would be me. The Papo Allosaurus knock-off is made by H Grossman Ltd of Hong Kong, and distributed by a sister company.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Roselaar

Interesting figures, I have not seen them before. Some of them are hideous, but others are rather beautiful, especially that Pterosaur. Any idea what species the above samples are supposed to be?

Libraraptor

Bokisaurus

Ohhh, here is something new! Never heard of them before, but I do like some of the figures. Let me know if you ever find them ;)

docronnie

We have a lot of them here in a surplus store.  Did not buy any.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

deanm

Did they have any of the pterosaur figures at the store? If so, can we swing a deal?

docronnie

Quote from: deanm on May 02, 2013, 03:18:37 PM
Did they have any of the pterosaur figures at the store? If so, can we swing a deal?

Did not notice any Pterosaurs though.  Most of them have paint chips or rubs.  They look better than the ones posted here, but definitely they are Chinasaurs.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)