News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HO scale Dinos

Started by Ammonites, February 07, 2013, 02:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ammonites

I'm starting on another project (Prehistoric Zoo & Aquarium) and I would like to know if anyone's got suggestions for HO scale Dino figures.  Not everyone's familiar with the scale so let me break it down.

HO scale = 1:87

10 ft. = 1.37 in. (3m = 3.5cm)

20 ft. = 2.75 in. (6m = 7cm)

30 ft. = 4.13 in. (9m = 10.5cm)

40 ft. = 5.51 in. (12m = 14cm)

50 ft. = 6.89 in. (15m = 17.5cm)

80 ft. = 11.03 in. (24m = 28cm)

I've got a couple figures already, Dimetrodon (Safari?), a couple Stegos (JP Dinosaurs) and a Styracosaurus (Safari).  I would like to know if you guys have suggestions for any other dino figures that would fit in at this scale.  Reason I'm going with this scale is because the rest of the items (people and such) are easy enough to find and I would like the scale to be accurate.

I'd like some Raptors, a few ocean-going creatures and other life forms from the beginning of life up to the end of the Cretaceous.  Any thoughts?  Might go bigger scale for some things, assuming I could find people of the same scale.

Here's the ones I mentioned.

Joel

I know it's a little bigger than HO, but have you considered 1/72 scale? They're many available, including David Krentz's from Dan's dinosaurs and Shapeways, plus mb-cg has alot on Shapeways as well.

I have several HO locomotives (three big boys and two challengers, among others), and my 1/72 dinos look quite good next to them. Hope this helps.

Ammonites

Anyone have the Safari Deodicurus that comes in one of the prehistoric life toobs?  I'm wanting to get some things done for a diorama and need this one since its about the right size.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.