News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Battatitan's Dioramas (at last!)

Started by Battatitan, December 28, 2012, 05:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

ZoPteryx

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gryphoceratops

You are really good at these!  From the first batch I like how you took advantage of the mammoth's pose for the meltwater one.  I also like the ice forest angle.

Battatitan

Thanks to everyone for the great comments; they really are a pleasure to read.
Again I apologise for not updating for a while and being frightfully inactive around the forum but, yet again, one finds little time for such updates.

Quote from: Zopteryx on February 17, 2013, 09:10:02 PM
Quote from: Thundercharge on February 16, 2013, 09:52:31 PM
"Forest Stop" is great!  ;D
I like that one too. :)

Thanks, Zopteryx and Thundercharge. I was neglecting to upload Forest Stop for some time because I felt it wasn't very realistic. But thanks for telling me otherwise!  :D

Quote from: stoneage on February 17, 2013, 03:15:59 AM
Who makes that Ornitholestes?

The Ornitholestes is a chinasaur, and easily obtainable from cheap lots an eBay. He is a really great figure, clearly WWD-inspired, but his paintjob is atrocious.  :-\ :))

And thanks to Gryphoceratops also for that nice reply.  :))

Anyway, yet again I have rambled, and now I'll proceed. These were all taken in the snowfalls of England's winter (which seems in no hurry to make way for spring):

Family Portrait

Battles Over the Victims of the Cold

Tough Winter

Chilly Trumpet

BONUS: A marvelous photo-bomb

Thanks! :D

tyrantqueen

To be specific, that chinasaur Ornitholestes is from Waiphoon.

stoneage

:)  What is that figure in the background of your last picture?

DC

Nice use of water and some the plants you used gave it a nice context.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Thundercharge

Love the Mammoth dioramas! "Chilly Trumpet" might be my favorite here, I love the sense of depth. The mammoth in the background looks like it could be actual size!

Wish it snowed here so I could do stuff like this  :))

Click sig for my collection! :)

Battatitan

Quote from: Thundercharge on March 25, 2013, 06:56:41 PM
Love the Mammoth dioramas! "Chilly Trumpet" might be my favorite here, I love the sense of depth. The mammoth in the background looks like it could be actual size!

Wow, thank you! With the aim of dioramas being to look realistic, that is a compliment indeed!

Quote from: stoneage on March 24, 2013, 11:47:12 PM
:)  What is that figure in the background of your last picture?

That 'figure' is actually my highly accurate and 1:1 Labrador cross  ;) Hence the title 'Photo Bomb'.

Sorry for not uploading any dioramas for a while, things having been getting very busy lately but I've managed to find time.

Some portraits through time.

Spring

Thanks to everyone who has commented and viewed :)

Jetoar

Wolly mammoths images are amazing  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.