News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for a book..

Started by NathanBmajor7, May 15, 2013, 11:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NathanBmajor7

Hi all. I wonder if anyone can help me:)
I'm looking for a dino book I read as a child, in the mid nineties. I think it may have been published in the mid to late 80s or early nineties but I really can't be sure. I remember it being a fairly hefty volume with a very large volume of information about everything dinosaur related. What I remember most about it though, are the vibrant paintings of various dinosaurs between chapters (I think), for example in one painting which took two pages, a large black megalosaurus was depicted in a forest. On the surrounding pages there was important information about the dinosaur and where it lived, how long ago, etc. My memory is a little vague and hazy from this time. Also included between the chapters, were vast lists of different dinosaurs, in a kind of gallery, with information on how long ago they lived, what they ate, with an image of the dinosaur next to the information. I wonder if anyone knows anything at all about this book? I really really reallly want to read it again:( Have been searching for years and the local library that used to have it, no longer has any books of the sort. I live in South Africa if it helps anyone. Hope to hear from you all soon and thanks in advance!
Nathan Barnes

PS: I just remembered that the outside covers of the book were a dark blue-green colour and I think there was gold writing on the front cover. It was a large hard cover book.

neuro

I guess this is not the book you are looking for, but for some reason your description made me to visit my bookshelf to pick up this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Dinosaurs-Evolution-Triassic-Cretaceous/dp/1857781074/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371910073&sr=1-4

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.