You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Attenborough's First Life Season 2!

Started by Yutyrannus, May 02, 2013, 02:39:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

It has been confirmed that a second season of David Attenborough's First Life will air on the BBC in 2013! The second season of this awesome documentary will focus mainly on the first fish, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals! So far I have not found any more information about it nor a release date or trailer but hopefully these will come soon.

But for now here are the two episodes of season 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26gFbuhQFFc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzhpKjd_c9g

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

SBell

The real question is when a proper DVD or BluRay of the original will become available...the internet versions just don't cut it.

Still great though--when David finally, really stops doing documentaries, there will be an enormous gap left that nobody will know how to fill

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SBell on May 02, 2013, 03:45:38 AM
The real question is when a proper DVD or BluRay of the original will become available...the internet versions just don't cut it.

Still great though--when David finally, really stops doing documentaries, there will be an enormous gap left that nobody will know how to fill
Yeah, all I can find are the UK version which won't play here in the US. I am considering buying a multi region player just so I can watch this video! :)

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 02, 2013, 03:57:09 AM
Quote from: SBell on May 02, 2013, 03:45:38 AM

Yeah, all I can find are the UK version which won't play here in the US. I am considering buying a multi region player just so I can watch this video! :)

You have to watch PAL conversion--sometimes you have to reset your TV, which can do bad things (apparently. I've never tried)

stemturtle

Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 02, 2013, 02:39:39 AM
It has been confirmed that a second season of David Attenborough's First Life will air on the BBC in 2013! The second season of this awesome documentary will focus mainly on the first fish, amphibians, reptiles, and mammals! So far I have not found any more information about it nor a release date or trailer but hopefully these will come soon.

Thanks to Yutyrannus for telling us about a second season of "First Life" to be aired at the end of 2013.  I went straight to a Google search, but could not find much this early. Here is a link that mentions the title "Rise of Animals."  Evolution of early vertebrates sounds like two hours of pure magic.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Yutyrannus

Quote from: stemturtle on May 02, 2013, 04:17:11 PM
Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 02, 2013, 02:39:39 AM

Thanks to Yutyrannus for telling us about a second season of "First Life" to be aired at the end of 2013.  I went straight to a Google search, but could not find much this early. Here is a link that mentions the title "Rise of Animals."  Evolution of early vertebrates sounds like two hours of pure magic.
I also just found this, I bolded the part about Rise of Animals -

"Attenborough celebrated his 60th year in broadcasting in 2012, and continues to work on a number of television, film and radio projects. In January 2013, he presented David Attenborough's Natural Curiosities, a five-part series on Eden which looks at evolutionary quirks, melding history, natural history and science. Later, in the year he will return to BBC television for a two-part series on the origins of vertebrates, provisionally titled Rise of Animals."

David Attenborough's Natural Curiosities also sounds cool :)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stemturtle

Our lucky British members will get a chance to watch David Attenborough's
"Rise of Animals: Triumph of the Vertebrates" on TV,
Episode 1:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/38/rise-of-the-animals.html
and Episode 2:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/39/rise-of-the-animals.html
No mention of a release date for the DVD.  Would be a great Christmas gift if available.

Balaur

HD-man

Quote from: Balaur on September 17, 2013, 12:50:38 AM
I am so excited! By the way, I found this clip.

Damn that looks good! Can't wait to see the doc's dinos.
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Balaur

Justin_

My solution to the DVD region issues is to have a cheap external DVD burner on my computer set to region 1 for US DVDs and the internal one set to region 2 for UK ones. The whole region thing is pointless these days anyway but that's drifting off topic.

I'm very excited about this too. I'm in the UK but will be waiting for a DVD release as I don't have regular TV, plus the DVD should have the extra "Making Of.." which I always like.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Justin_ on September 17, 2013, 08:58:09 PM
My solution to the DVD region issues is to have a cheap external DVD burner on my computer set to region 1 for US DVDs and the internal one set to region 2 for UK ones. The whole region thing is pointless these days anyway but that's drifting off topic.

I'm very excited about this too. I'm in the UK but will be waiting for a DVD release as I don't have regular TV, plus the DVD should have the extra "Making Of.." which I always like.

There's always iplayer too :)

stemturtle

The release date is given as October 28, 2013 for the DVD, David Attenborough's
Rise of Animals: Triumph of the Vertebrates by Amazon.co.uk.
Also to be released on the same date on Blu-ray.  Both formats are region 2 (Europe). 
Oh, the joy!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.