News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnosaur novel by John Brosnan

Started by Krissy, November 08, 2013, 12:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krissy

So, has anyone read the pulp novel from the 80's 'Carnosaur', written by John Brosnan (aka Harry Adam Knight). I've just finished it, and it's a really horrid read. It seems like every scene is either a sadistic blow-by-blow account of some poor unfortunate person being brutally dismembered by dinosaurs, or a blow-by-blow account of two people engaging in sexual activity. People even stop in the middle of a dinosaur apocalypse to do it. I'm no prude, far from it, but man it's just the worst.

Notable though for putting the idea of cloning dinosaurs into fiction several years before Crichton did in Jurassic Park, but a lot less competently.

Hermes888

I read it a while back, and I can agree with everything you said. The characters were unbelievable (and unnecessarily) randy, especially at that one scene you mentioned. A Tarbosaurus is rampaging outside, but the two main protagonists look at each other and think "now's the perfect time for some intimate relations!" And then the details of these relations went on for a few pages before the book finally returns to the dinosaurs.

Krissy

Oh cool, glad I wasn't the only one. It really must be read to be believed. It's staggering. I think there's....8 sexual encounters in it, going off the top of my head? Something like that. All while the dinopocalypse is going on behind them. The book's also somewhat hilarious if you live in the UK like I do 'cos then there's some camp humour in seeing dinosaurs run around the english countryside.

Takama

I wanted this book. But im a picky when it comes to books.  I only go for Hardcover unless I have no other option.

So far, I seen this book for some ridiculous prices.

Hermes888

Quote from: Takama on November 12, 2013, 09:49:17 PM
I wanted this book. But im a picky when it comes to books.  I only go for Hardcover unless I have no other option.

So far, I seen this book for some ridiculous prices.
It's only worth a few cents, don't waste your money on this when you could spend it on worthwhile things.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.