News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cheap toys?

Started by Chimera778, November 23, 2013, 12:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimera778

Can anyone suggest any cheap dinosaur toys that I can practice painting on?  I'm a little interested in trying to paint some but I can't find anything cheap enough around here to try on.  I've seen the tern "Chinasaur" thrown around a few times on the forum and I assume that refers to cheap toys, but I don't know which ones.

Thanks!

Brontozaurus

'Chinasaur' refers to basically any cheap plastic no-brand dinosaur toy. You can find them basically anywhere, particularly discount shops. They're good for painting practise because the sculpts are sometimes really well done so you can paint in tiny details like eyes.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Just go onto eBay, type in "dinosaur toys" and you should be on your way.

Here's an example:

This pack costs £2.79. The sculpts are pretty horrible, but you're practicing, so it's doesn't matter. Hope this helps.

Simon

Actually the "Chinasaur" pack in your photo contains two very accurate figures:

1.  The knock-off Styracosaurus (copy of the Battat Styracosaurus), and
2.  The WWD Ornitholestes

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Simon on November 23, 2013, 06:10:08 AM
Actually the "Chinasaur" pack in your photo contains two very accurate figures:

1.  The knock-off Styracosaurus (copy of the Battat Styracosaurus), and
2.  The WWD Ornitholestes
I know, they're Waiphoons.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.