News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dr Steve from Geoworld

Started by SBell, July 31, 2014, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBell

Quote from: Gwangi on August 10, 2014, 01:27:19 AM
Glorified Chinasaurs, I agree with that. The Troodon is a nice model (their best I dare say), so is the Guanlong. I'll probably get both of them as well as the Coelophysis and Falcarius. Those however are rare exceptions in an otherwise mediocre collection. Like I've said before, Geoworld is about quantity and not quality. If you like them that's fine, everyone has their own taste. I don't like them though. Like Sbell said though, the skeleton kits are pretty good. I would probably buy some of those.

Please don't mistake my skepticism over Dr. Picini to have any bearing on my opinion of the figures. I'm actually quite fond of many of them. Other than their ankyosaurs.I have several and generally like them. Many are quite modern with the feathers and all. They are definitely meant as toys, and as either an educator or a parent there is much more value in this series than, say, Papo. Plus the education sheets they come with are fantastic and cover a broad swath of languages.

Gwangi

Quote from: SBell on August 10, 2014, 03:47:30 AM
Quote from: Gwangi on August 10, 2014, 01:27:19 AM
Glorified Chinasaurs, I agree with that. The Troodon is a nice model (their best I dare say), so is the Guanlong. I'll probably get both of them as well as the Coelophysis and Falcarius. Those however are rare exceptions in an otherwise mediocre collection. Like I've said before, Geoworld is about quantity and not quality. If you like them that's fine, everyone has their own taste. I don't like them though. Like Sbell said though, the skeleton kits are pretty good. I would probably buy some of those.

Please don't mistake my skepticism over Dr. Picini to have any bearing on my opinion of the figures. I'm actually quite fond of many of them. Other than their ankyosaurs.I have several and generally like them. Many are quite modern with the feathers and all. They are definitely meant as toys, and as either an educator or a parent there is much more value in this series than, say, Papo. Plus the education sheets they come with are fantastic and cover a broad swath of languages.

Don't worry, I didn't.  :) I was just saying that regarding the skeletons in particular, I agree with you.

EmperorDinobot

I can't say I like any of them.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.