You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tyrannosaurus rex “Tyrant King” Statue (Safari Ltd. Primal) Limited Edition

Started by Jurassic_Park, September 14, 2013, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jurassic_Park

Hey guys,

I am new here, so...greetings!

I collect dinosaur toys and models since a while now and am looking for the Tyrannosaurus rex "Tyrant King" Statue from Safari Ltd. Primal for ages!

By accident, I found this auction on ebay today and was wondering if the statue is worth this much, since it is very seldom and I couldn't find one until today.

Do you think it's worth about 1,000 US $???

I contacted the seller and he said that the statue includes free shipping worldwide, but doesn't accept PayPal unfortunatelly.

Please help!

Best, JP

p.s.: here's the link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/300965781347?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

postsaurischian

I would say it's worth about a hundred Dollars. I got mine for less (but it was missing the base).

Jurassic_Park

Quote from: postsaurischian on September 14, 2013, 09:23:34 PM
I would say it's worth about a hundred Dollars. I got mine for less (but it was missing the base).

That would be great to get it for a tenth of what he wants, but I guess that won't happen :(

postsaurischian

If someone is willing to spend so much money on a T. rex statue, he or she better try to get the Sideshow Krentz rex ;).

CityRaptor

Yep.

Judiging by the other auctions, that guy is generally rather overpriced.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jurassic_Park

Don't get me wrong, please, but the Sideshow one doesn't appeal to me very much. The Sideshow Stegosaurus thus...well that's another story!

I wonder why I did not find the Safari one until today. I like the design much better and the story behind it. Since I am looking for it for years now, I wonder why it's so hard to obtain, if it's only worth around a hundred bucks. I found an original price tag on the internet which stated 275 US $!!!

Jurassic_Park

Quote from: CityRaptor on September 14, 2013, 09:40:06 PM
Yep.

Judiging by the other auctions, that guy is generally rather overpriced.

Yeah, you might be right, but on the other side...I hope he will list it again, if he can't sell it and won't keep it.....decisions, decisions.....

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think mine was about 100-150.00 when brand new.  A 1,000.00 is crazy really..though I haven't seen a TON of them to be sure.

Jurassic_Park

Hey guys,

The hefty price back then was way out of my league...seems the seller couldn't sell it for the almost 1000 Euros :)) Anyhow seems he listed it again for a much more reasonable price. Still too expensive for me, but in case anyone here is still looking for the Primal, here you go:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/301074345531?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Jurassic_Park on January 29, 2014, 04:08:31 PM
Hey guys,

The hefty price back then was way out of my league...seems the seller couldn't sell it for the almost 1000 Euros :)) Anyhow seems he listed it again for a much more reasonable price. Still too expensive for me, but in case anyone here is still looking for the Primal, here you go:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/301074345531?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Postsaurischian already posted it in the eBay thread.