News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My favorite Tyrannosaurus

Started by Lythronax01, January 28, 2014, 12:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lythronax01

I'm tired of roaring posture, I feel like lying on the ground waiting for prey to more dangerous ^-^ ....... Sculpted by Shinzen Takeuchi,painted by Mushroom

tyrantqueen

Broken links.

Also, are you the same Lythronax who joined in November?

DinoToyForum

It is a beautiful model. Seems to have a very long tail, at least in that last view, which I like.

TQ, I think it is a different member with a similar username.  Welcome Lythronax01  :D

postsaurischian

:o Awesome!

Do you have other family members as well :)?

Is there another source to get these models than Shinzen himself?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Beautiful piece ! This is actually the one I wanted from the set myself..along with the juvenile animal.  Just never could find them.

I believe Shane said he could get them but as a set only ?  I asked once but never got a reply so I'm unsure.

Simon

I'd like to know as well.  I was able to get one of Shinzen's smaller kits 10 years ago from a seller who knew him and travelled to Japan often, but I don't even know if he is still in business.  His Sega TRex is purely awesome, although I would have preferred had he made the head a little larger. 

Like Araki and Tokugawa, I don't always like the way he restores some of his dinos (his resin TRexes tend to be on the chunky side), but as a sculptor is he virtually unmatched.  His 1962 Godzilla (from G. vs King Kong) resin sculpt is amazing, maybe even better than Yuji Sakai's G. sculpts.

redrik

looks cool! Snow and a puddle as a very real!
Ignoramus et ignorabimus

Blade-of-the-Moon

I like this guy for the same reason I love David's Dinosauria Rex...it's an old grizzled veteran. This is the King that can stalk into anyone's kill and take the lion's share. Yet here he is in a moment of peace regarding something the viewer can't see with mild interest.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2014, 06:52:16 PM
I like this guy for the same reason I love David's Dinosauria Rex...it's an old grizzled veteran. This is the King that can stalk into anyone's kill and take the lion's share. Yet here he is in a moment of peace regarding something the viewer can't see with mild interest.
In other words...a badass >:D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 29, 2014, 07:05:43 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 29, 2014, 06:52:16 PM
In other words...a badass >:D

Yes ! I tend to wax poetic.  ;D

0onarcissisto0

Wow. Pure beauty. I agree with you, Blade. I love that old, grizzled look on a T-Rex. Not enough of those in my opinion. Plus, it adds a nostalgia factor since that's pretty much the way T-Rex was depicted in most of my childhood dinosaur books. I still don't really know which one is more scientifically accurate, but I have a soft spot for these old, seasoned veteran Rexes :)
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

jtn144

How did you model the icy pond? That looks great!

lourebro

Nice paint job and scenery.  lourebro

postsaurischian

What we see above is the oldest member of the "Tyrannosaurus:Growth Curve" set.
Have you seen the chicks yet :)?

Balaur

Wow! What a wonderful model! And welcome! :)

Ultimatedinoking

meh, its ok. I think it's head looks like a gorgonopsid, and I don't like tyrannosaurs with dermal plates.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

bigbear

Great model! It looks as if it wants somebody to throw the stick...

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.