News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Theft of your original art ?

Started by Panzerwerk, October 17, 2014, 04:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzerwerk

How many of you have had you sculpture reproduced with out permission ??

I found a place selling bad knock offs of one of my pieces , I talked to the owners wife (co Owner) her first reply to me was "I highly doubt you sculpted it " then became extremely rude , would not say if they were doing the knock offs , said they bought them from some old couple who was out of Business , lie after lie kept coming , she would not stop talking to let me get a word in , finally I asked for the number for their Attorney , and she flew off the handle , why would you not supply that info , unless you got something to hide .
I swear in these times , you try to protect your hard work , and the folks ripping you off make you out to be the criminal .

In the end I got a good laugh out of the whole thing , why would I call about a $9 item and lie LOL , If I was really trying to rip them off I would have picked a expensive item LOL , people amaze me , God she was rude ......... how many of you have had to deal with stuff like this ?

DinoLord

Not being a sculptor myself I haven't dealt with this, but I always do make a point of buying original sculptures/kits instead of recasts. I figure since its something I'm going to be owning for a while it's not worth getting a subpar version. It is unfortunate how many examples of this there are on eBay though - they really should crack down more on this thing like they do with other counterfeit items.

brandem

I'm way too under the radar to have my sculptures reproduced, but I know if the reproductions were done in China or other parts of Asia then there is not a whole lot that can be done, if they are being sold stateside a cease and desist letter would probably be enough to get the distributor to stop here, while we do live in a litigious society most people just don't have the funds to order a lawyer about at their will, I'd recommend though that if you are a producer of anything I'd suggest legal insurance, it can be had for as little as 2 dollars a month sometimes.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.