News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My latest project: 1/20-scale Repenomamus giganticus

Started by Paleogene Pals, December 22, 2014, 12:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleogene Pals

I am finally putting the final touches on my Barylambda (pics later.)  I got inspired recently to tackle that Mesozoic monstrosity Repenomamus giganticus but in 1/20 scale. I'm going to have him digging out a dino nest full of eggs. Let's see how it turns out. If everything goes well, I will make castings.  Pictures below are the piece at the clay-covered armature stage. I have not started the actual sculpting process yet.

(apologies for picture quality)

Manatee

It's so tiny! I'm excited to see what it'll look like when fleshed out.

ProSauropod

Revenge of the mammals - I love it  >:D   Both inspired selections and will be waiting to see them; please do make castings.  An undeservedly under-served group.

triceratops83

In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Paleogene Pals

Manatee, ProSauropod, thank you for your encouraging words. Triceratops83, relax, the eggs will be of a dinosaur of an unidentified species, not killing any psittacosaurs.  ::) If this goes well, I may do more Mesozoic mammals at a different scale, maybe to go with some of the larger-scales dinos out there. They are an underrepresented group.  :'(

triceratops83

Thanks Paleogene Pals, can't stand seeing those poor little things being munched on. Great idea, doing figures of Mesozoic mammals, I hope these will some day be available. If you don't mind demands, a Steropodon or speculative Kollikodon would be awesome!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Paleogene Pals

Sounds like fun! I could tackle Steropodon or even Kollikodon (Hotcrossbunodon, actually), sound like challenges. First, I need to finish my Barylambda and see how this Repenomamus turns out.  The second issue is scale. I would like them to be in a scale that many of the larger dinosaur models are in (1/15, 1/10.) But, I should probably go higher like 1/6 or 1/5. Anyway, I would like people to be able to display my pieces with other artist's works. For instance, I choose 1/20 to be in scale with many of Sean Cooper's and Lu Feng Shan's mammals.

triceratops83

Be sure to keep us updated with pics, I'm keen to see the results :)

Paleogene Pals

ProSauropod

Paleogene Pals

ProSauropod, I haven't really thought about a Kickstarter campaign. I would like to make models for distribution to collectors but there are buts. I work full time as a geologist and have various community obligations. Plus, I want to make the absolute best models that I can which requires lots of time (it took nearly two years for me to finish my Barylambda.)  Therefore my rate of production is low. Hopefully, I can start making more next year.

Paleogene Pals

Considering the comments Jolly the Trike got over on another thread, I need to research what kind of dinos, beside the psittacosaurs, lived with Repenomamus and what their eggs looked like. To be more a little more accurate.

triceratops83

I wouldn't worry too much, I think everyone's on a roll with the whole Rebor thing. I can't find any information about ceratopsian eggs, you better just ask Amargasaurus for details on that subject.

Paleogene Pals

You're right. I'm also not making any claims about being museum-quality. I'll ask Amargasaurus just to be on the safe side. Thanks!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.