News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thomas Hughes Tyrannosaurus rex

Started by Thomasotom, April 05, 2013, 09:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomasotom

Good evening all!

This is my first post here so I'll start by introducing myself, my name is Thomas Hughes I am a first year Modelmaking student studying at AUB in the UK. I recieved a message on my facebook page from the Dinosaur Toy Blog's page inviting me over to show my work so thank you very much, whoever runs that.

I've recently finished this Tyrannosaurus rex sculpture, there have been a couple of alterations since these pictures were taken, on advice from Dr Hans Larsson of McGill University who was good enough to look over it for me, I've brought the shoulders in as they were too broad, straightened the tail slightly and adjusted the posture a bit further back.

Next week I'll be moulding and casting it, and I'll be selling a small number through my etsy store, painted and unpainted in the near future.

My facebook page for anyone who is interested in following my progres or seeing anymore of my work is https://www.facebook.com/thomashughesmodelmaking

Cheers,

Thomas

DinoToyForum

Welcome Thomas! So glad you joined the forum :) It was me who messaged you on Facebook  ;)

jtn144

Looks really nice, how much are looking for this model?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Thomasotom

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the messages.

@jtn144: I'm not sure yet, I'm moulding and casting this week, I'll need see how much silicone and resin he takes before I work it out, I'll put it up here when I do.

Thanks,

Tom.

tyrantqueen

Sorry for thread necromancy, but if anyone is curious, Thomas Hughes has also produced a pliosaur in 1/30 scale.

Dr. Admin, do you have an opinion on this? ;)

He's selling casts at his Etsy shop, here: http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/181518525/pliosaur-model-kit-130?ref=sr_gallery_17&ga_search_query=dinosaur+sculpture&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.