News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Miragaia babies...

Started by rammleid, November 22, 2013, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rammleid

Hi there!

Thank you all for your kind comments in my previous gallery: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,955.0/topicseen.html

Today I want to share with you some pictures about how I did the miragaia babies (they were 100% hand sculpted by me). Here is their evolution...

This was my very first time making dinosaurs and I have no sculpt notions... so I just tried to do it my best UXD

Hope you like it!!  *orthocone*

tyrantqueen

They make very good diorama subjects :)

alexeratops

Amazing! I've never been a good sculptor, so to me those are epic!
like a bantha!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow, nice result ! They look really natural with the Carnegie figure.

Battatitan

I thought your sculpts were brilliant when I first saw them in your first thread. Great behind the scenes, and they are fantastic for your first attempt!   :D

Raptoress

They look brilliant and blend in really naturally with the adult Miragaia. They actually look like they were done by Carnegie themselves! Very nice job.

Zhuchengotyrant

If I didn't see the making of, or know about the figure, I would have thought it came as a family group! ;)
-Zhuchengotyrant

Mighty King

Megalania

Nice , in a diorama they will look amazing
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.
Charles Darwin

Splonkadumpocus

Awww, they're so cute. You've done a really great job on the babies.

Hynerpeton

Walking With Monsers:
[about Lystrosaurus] Astonishingly, their vast herds make up more than half of all life on Earth. Never again will a single species do so well.

Walking With Monsters: (Hynerpeton) To avoid injury the males demonstrate their strength  in a strange  push up contest.

Lithographica

Great job! The proportions look very natural and the matching of the colour-schemes is spot on. I curious as to what sculpting materials you used? The peach coloured stuff looks like super sculpy, but what is the green material that is mixed in with it? Were the sculpts air-hardened or did you put them in the oven? By the way, your diorama picture was wonderful!

Cheers, John

Alexxitator

I also am very curious what you used to make these lovely twins.
I'm also guessing super sculpey and..?
They're adorable
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.