News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Marx Moschops

Started by Wellnhoferia, April 27, 2014, 11:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellnhoferia

Is this model of moschops reasonably accurate?

therizinosaurus

It's by far one of my favorite Marx figures, and one of the few that holds up reasonably well (especially given the lack of an alternative, except for the inferior MPC one).

Sauropodlet

I love it, too. I don't know that it's my fave (probably the Ank.), but it's awfully nice.

Libraraptor

It´s one of my favourites from Marx and as far as I can see it still holds up well.

CityRaptor

Synapsid toys from the 50s seem generally to have hold up pretty well compared to Dinosaurs. With the expection of Cynognathus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpittersForEver

Marx is one of my favourites too.

DC

I agree nice figure but a little isolated.  Not a favorite period these days.  I suspect they just did not have enough well known dinosaurs with decent reconstructions.   Tootsie Toy and Defiantly dinosaurs did one but Marx is best.  They can look pretty modern with a little paint.  Interesting how Sphenacodon, Casea, Nothosaurus and Struithiomimus all got dropped from modern lines. 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

John

Quote from: DC on May 27, 2014, 02:47:26 PM...Interesting how Sphenacodon, Casea, Nothosaurus and Struithiomimus all got dropped from modern lines.
Yes,it is strange what comes out isn't it?No Struthiomimus,but there are a couple of Concavenator and Miragaia out there now.Still,you never know just what be around the corner from all these lines out now.It's not out of the question for any of the names you mention(and of course Moschops)to turn up sometime. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.