News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My new signature

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, October 19, 2014, 01:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

I seem to get an email or private message every day asking about my new signature with the psittacosaurus. The clip itself is the first scene from the new movie, Transformers: Age of Extinction. The idea was inspired by watching Tyrannt Queen's transformers dinobots scene. My younger brother provided me with an MP4 of the scene, but I could not figure out how to make it work here for a signature. Step in Patrx our resident techie when it comes to doing whatever all he did. I showed him the problem and it works now. If I understood the tech speak well enough he stated that video movies will not play within signatures the way the forum works so he converted the sequence into a moving file called a GIF instead. Result voila....I keep telling him, that he should offer this service for people for some form of compensation . The only problem would be finding a sequence each person would use...but for me this one I chose was really the only possible and most genius one to use, given the subjects .
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Paleogene Pals

Interesting, I thought it was from the new Walking with Dinosaurs movie or something. Nice job on the psittaco though.

amargasaurus cazaui

eh well Psittacosaurus as a piscovore...and the badly pronated hands not withstanding, it is otherwise pretty rendered. It makes me giggle everytime he smacks the little one flying with his tail !!! ;) ;)
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Paleogene Pals

Well, the fish eating did throw me for a loop when I first saw it. Considering the movie it is in, probably not shooting for total scientific accuracy. Maybe this is a psychotic psittaco with aberrant behavior.

tyrantqueen

Amargasaurus, when you first uploaded the psittacosaurus signature, I could see it fine. But I can't see it anymore :-\ I thought it might be because I'm using ad blocker software, so I turned it off, but it made no difference. I can see everyone else's sigs just fine (including my own) but not yours. Does anyone know why this could be? I'm using Mozilla Firefox by the way.

This what it looks like on my PC

This made me wonder if certain other members signatures might not be showing up, either, and I never realised it.

amargasaurus cazaui

Unsure why myself, it works fine for me and i seem to get alot of respones about it....I dont know enough about browssers to state for sure myself I wish I did, perhaps Patrx can take a guess?

alexeratops

Tell me if this is the wrong place but... I have a new sig too :)!
like a bantha!

amargasaurus cazaui

I dont mind it, here is a good a place as any to post it, thanks

tyrantqueen

Hmm, it seems to working fine now :) Internet is a strange thing...

Patrx

How curious! I can't think of any reason that it might fail to appear. Perhaps it's some sort of bug on the hosting site I used, imageshack. In any case, glad to hear it's working now :) Anyway, I certainly don't mind making gifs for folks who want them! I suppose I could even edit clips together, add text or other effects, etc. Interested parties are welcome to contact me via PM, though my spare time is limited this particular month.

tyrantqueen

I had problems with imageshack and photobucket because they can't handle large GIF files. My own sig image is 5.9 megabytes. For large image files I prefer Gfycat. They have no file size restriction. They can also optimise your GIFs for you so that they take up less space.

Patrx

Nifty! I may start using that myself.

Gwangi

And thanks to Amarga's signature I've now seen all of the new Transformers movie I care to see. :) Not bad really considering the film it came from, cool that they picked such an obscure species. Wonder what compelled them to use Psittacosaurus?

That said, I have a few scenes I would like to use as a signature, with one in particular. Any suggestions for a create your own gif. site?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on October 20, 2014, 10:33:23 PM
And thanks to Amarga's signature I've now seen all of the new Transformers movie I care to see. :) Not bad really considering the film it came from, cool that they picked such an obscure species. Wonder what compelled them to use Psittacosaurus?

That said, I have a few scenes I would like to use as a signature, with one in particular. Any suggestions for a create your own gif. site?

I suggest asking patrx for input as he helped with my own....do yu mean suggestions how to do it or what clip to use for it?

Gwangi

Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 20, 2014, 10:52:39 PM

I suggest asking patrx for input as he helped with my own....do yu mean suggestions how to do it or what clip to use for it?

Oh no, I have plenty of clips. Just looking for the program to make them.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Gwangi on October 21, 2014, 01:02:19 AM
Quote from: amargasaurus cazaui on October 20, 2014, 10:52:39 PM

I can only say I showed Patrx my freeclip and he did all the work from there and provided me the necessary link for it to work when it was done...I freely own that I lack the know how or methods involved and relied entirely on him for the result which I simply love
Oh no, I have plenty of clips. Just looking for the program to make them.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.