News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4) toys

Started by stargatedalek, July 05, 2014, 06:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

and I didn't even mention the stir that footage of the giftshop caused ;)

heres the JPToys thread on it
http://dinodan.proboards.com/thread/7272/first-jurassic-world-hasbro-product?page=1

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 05, 2014, 06:23:29 PM
and I didn't even mention the stir that footage of the giftshop caused ;)

heres the JPToys thread on it
http://dinodan.proboards.com/thread/7272/first-jurassic-world-hasbro-product?page=1
That link seems to be broken...

stargatedalek

it works for me, although you need an account to view topics

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

stoneage

Basher Biter!?, Growler!?  Their not going to use proper dinosaur names?

stargatedalek

I'm not sure they ever did, not in the product listings anyway
the packages themselves typically do

Gwangi

Yeah, they all had names like that. The "Thrasher T. rex" for The Lost World toy line and the Coelophysis pair for the original toy release were marketed as the "sprinters with constrictor bodies".

CityRaptor

Yes, usually Species and Nickname.  Something like Pachycephalosaurus Nickname: Ram Head...

But Basher Biter, Growler etc. refers to the type of toy. Growlers should be electronic figures.
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds like the JP3 electronic figures...again.

stargatedalek

I just hope its not the same 4 again
JP3 did have a few nice sculpts and I wouldn't mind them getting repaints, but to get the same 4 re-aks every time is so boring

CityRaptor

Yes, that would be pretty bad.  Most of them are not only bad molds, but hasbro has been releasing them again and again.
Oh no

stargatedalek

I liked the pterosaurs, some of the spinosaurus ones, and most of the hatchling size figures
but those hatchlings have been repainted so often I never want to see them again

CityRaptor

Yes, there are some good ones among them, but it is mostly the bad ones Hasbro rleased again and again.
Also yes regarding the small ones. The last release saw 4 color variants of the Tyrannosaurus.
Oh no

Ultimatedinoking

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 06, 2014, 04:19:20 PM
Sounds like the JP3 electronic figures...again.

Noooooooo! No more "stuck in a pose" Dinos! Make them more like the allosaurus from a while ago.
I may not like feathered dinosaurs and stumpy legged Spinosaurs, but I will keep those opinions to myself, I will not start a debate over it, I promise. 😇
-UDK

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.