You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Extinct elephant 'survived late' in North China

Started by DinoToyForum, December 20, 2012, 01:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

Extinct elephant 'survived late' in North China.

Palaeoloxodon lived in China yust 3,000 years ago...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/20678793

Seijun

3,000 years, so close....

Of course, if they were alive today we would probably not think much of it. They would be just another elephant to most people.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

Yes is very close age. Animals are incredible with great skills of adaptation.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SBell

Now someone needs to make a figure of one!

Kidding ;D. Kaiyodo did (series 4).

ZoPteryx

It's really cool how the archeological evidence supported that paleontological finds!

naveed01

(Reuters) - Researchers have named a newly discovered, prehistoric lizard "Obamadon gracilis" in honor of the 44th president's toothy grin.
The small, insect-eating lizard was first discovered in eastern Montana in 1974, but a recent re-examination showed the fossil had been wrongly classified as a Leptochamops denticulatus and was in fact a new species, researchers told Reuters on Tuesday.
shahjee

SBell

Quote from: naveed01 on November 08, 2014, 05:33:55 AM
(Reuters) - Researchers have named a newly discovered, prehistoric lizard "Obamadon gracilis" in honor of the 44th president's toothy grin.
The small, insect-eating lizard was first discovered in eastern Montana in 1974, but a recent re-examination showed the fossil had been wrongly classified as a Leptochamops denticulatus and was in fact a new species, researchers told Reuters on Tuesday.

This should be a new thread, with a link.

CityRaptor

Not only that. This is not only bumping an old thread with unrelated content, Obamadon isn't exactly new either. It was published in 2013.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.