You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Chap Mei (Animal Planet) Utahraptor partial repaint

Started by stargatedalek, August 14, 2014, 07:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utahraptor
The largest described U. ostrommaysorum specimens are estimated to have reached up to 7 m (23 ft) long and somewhat less than 500 kg (1,100 lb) in weight, comparable to an average sized polar bear in size.[1][3]

It is thought that Utahraptor may be closely related to the smaller Dromaeosaurus and the giant Mongolian dromaeosaurid genus Achillobator.[1][4]

scale by length is approximately 1:24, but with the strange proportions (especially regarding the tail) this isn't really much to go on
intended scale as with all Chap Mei is 1:17, which places it in scale with the Jurassic Park which human is from (same scale as Chap Mei)

It was always an ugly figure to be honest, so I figured if I was going to touch it up why not make it uglier in a cool way. I honestly didn't do much, I added the black on the nails and added some black to the details on the feathers (if you can call them that), face (most notably lower jaw and around the eye) and limbs, as well as the conspicuous vein. I tried to make the black details look "gritty". I marbled some pink, red, and black for the inside of the mouth and then applied gloss to it.

tyrantqueen

Its mouth is open in a silent scream of agony after having its wrists broken and feathers plucked >:D

Just joking, it's not a bad figure for what it is ;) Nice job.

stargatedalek

don't forget about having most of its tail broken off  >:D

thanks ;)

EmperorDinobot

Hey not bad! I love mine to death, despite his many inaccuracies. The roar really makes the hairs of my back stand up!

stargatedalek

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.