News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Cork figures

Started by STORMnlNIJMEGEN, April 19, 2012, 08:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

At the Nürnberg Toyfair in 2010,
Bullyland was going to launch them as a brand new,
never-seen-before product range.
They had succeded to find a material that was both lighter,
unbreakable and more environmentally friendly,
because it contained a good deal of cork.

Unfortunately the material turned out to stick to the moulds after a while,
and would eventually ruin these expensive tools.
Also the paint was a problem,
- and the customers weren`t interested in paying a little more because of the material 

So the project was dropped even before it really got started

what i also know now is that they also made a prehistoric rhino
and some dinosaurs
also some wildlife figures

i have pictures,

got also pictures from the wildlife animals,,if intrest is there

thet are realy collectors items
The Return Of The Mammoth's

brontodocus

I'd love to see the others, too! :) And I think rarities like these would of course deserve a thread for their own. 8)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

SBell

I have to say, I don't understand what the point of these exactly is--cork is getting to be more expensive all the time, and it wouldn't be much of a playable material.  Unless they were trying to find a way to synergize the markets for figures with the markets for wooden toys.  And at least these Bullys might hold their paint (or perhaps they were meant as paint-your-own).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: brontodocus on April 19, 2012, 09:26:14 PM
I'd love to see the others, too! :) And I think rarities like these would of course deserve a thread for their own. 8)

Agreed! In fact, I split the thread before I read your suggestion  C:-)

brontodocus

Thanks! :)
If only I could remember where it was... I'm sure somewhere on v.1 I've seen some of these Bullyland cork figures before.
I don't think the cork material would have really made the production costs significantly more expensive, it looks as if it's coarse meal and probably a cheap by product of the cork industry? But the mixture of vinyl and cork is very strange and also appealing. I'm surprised that the textures seem to be as good as in the regular figures. :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Gryphoceratops

Hmm weird.  Wouldn't cork be easily breakable though? 

SBell

Quote from: brontodocus on April 19, 2012, 11:25:02 PM
Thanks! :)
If only I could remember where it was... I'm sure somewhere on v.1 I've seen some of these Bullyland cork figures before.
I don't think the cork material would have really made the production costs significantly more expensive, it looks as if it's coarse meal and probably a cheap by product of the cork industry? But the mixture of vinyl and cork is very strange and also appealing. I'm surprised that the textures seem to be as good as in the regular figures. :)

That makes me think of the weird plaster and glue of the Starlux figures--maybe Bullyland was trying to really set themselves apart from other companies (in an insane fashion, but still, better than Schleich ;D).

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

all those cork figures you see are from a friend from denmark

she gived me the mammoth as a precent
because she know's i collect mammoth and other prehistoric mammal

to give a answer to the question if it can break easy

NO,,it feels between cork and the massiv figures from bullyland

here is mine with his massive friend

the first three pictures looks very dark,,the sunn was behind a cloud
the last picture,,,wel there was the sun again

here are some pictures from figures ,she also has

all photo's are from my friend Susanne,it's her collection
only the mammoth with the lego background is mine

STORMnl  aka  Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

mmfrankford

They remind me in texture and color of the composite wood/plastic planks that are used for decks and such. And that stuff is really tough. For some reason I love the look of these. I wonder if they had gone ahead with these if they would have been painted or left in this "naked" state?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.