News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

ITdactyl's haul (pic heavy)

Started by ITdactyl, December 28, 2013, 02:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITdactyl

Just thought I'd share some pics... first group's rather old (pictures were taken around 2008 I think), but I'll update this thread with new images when I get the time 8).  Image size (and quality) have been reduced.

My collection's mostly Zoids and dinosaur themed transformers with a few tycosaurs.  It's only recently that I started collecting kaiyodos, shapeways-saurs.  2014 will probably bring some CollectAs, Schleich and Papo to my shelves.

Blade-of-the-Moon

good scores ! I traded or sold  off all my transformers to fund the Park here.  Though I still have a few of my zoids..had a lot of fun building those.

ITdactyl

Thanks Blade.

Having something like your park is the reason I got into collecting zoids.  All the time spent on assmbly, painting and posing... heaven. (though the comparison is a bit moot, a life-sized rex would always be better ;D)

I'm planning on putting the zoids and all my dinos on display bases for the kids who visit the house.  Something for them to appreciate - and a gentle reminder that the collection is not for playing with.   ;D  I'll just give them other toys to destr...err, "play" with.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 30, 2013, 06:12:23 PM

Thanks Blade.

Having something like your park is the reason I got into collecting zoids.  All the time spent on assmbly, painting and posing... heaven. (though the comparison is a bit moot, a life-sized rex would always be better ;D)

I'm planning on putting the zoids and all my dinos on display bases for the kids who visit the house.  Something for them to appreciate - and a gentle reminder that the collection is not for playing with.   ;D  I'll just give them other toys to destr...err, "play" with.

Oh yeah it can take your time up that's for sure.

For some kids I know you'd need electric fences to keep them out. ;)

amargasaurus cazaui

That generation one Swoop looks like a nice piece, and the keystone of the collection, those things arent cheap anymore.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ITdactyl

@Amargasaurus - unfortunately that's a 3rd party item (WST bombardier by Justitoys).  I wish I had a Gen1 swoop.  The copies here are really expensive, and (as you've mentioned) the originals are like gold.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 30, 2013, 08:39:04 PM

@Amargasaurus - unfortunately that's a 3rd party item (WST bombardier by Justitoys).  I wish I had a Gen1 swoop.  The copies here are really expensive, and (as you've mentioned) the originals are like gold.
Generation one dinobots were released as Generation two with alternate colorations...blue Grimlock, an green or red slag and snarl, but apparently Sludge and Swoop were too prone to breaking and were not repeated for generation two. Swoop was never given international release and was withdrawn within just a few months of being release due to the neck/head breakage problem.This makes Swoop one of the rarest dinobots made......my own copy is sealed in his bubble, and was never opened. Expensive toys, and with the coming anniversary for the line this new year, prices wont be settling down anytime soon.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

ITdactyl

Sludge was the only dinobot I got from the original line... and unfortunately he didn't survive my childhood. *orthocone*

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: ITdactyl on December 30, 2013, 09:06:22 PM
Sludge was the only dinobot I got from the original line... and unfortunately he didn't survive my childhood. *orthocone*
I have them all five, sluge, snarl, slag, swoop and of course Grimlock. Mine are all boxed and complete, and I treasure them. Perhaps I should give them a thread.

ITdactyl

ITdactyl

Saturday stories from the shelf....

looking for babies a.k.a ohmnomnoms....

Kosmo is just so very happy...

I'm 1/72 scale!

Young impressionable sauropods should read Tolkien and avoid thagomizers at all costs....

GRAAAAARRRRRRDUSTRRRRRRWWWWRRRR!!!!

club of pterosaurs who read Murakami and Palahniuk....

GAH!!! It just fell from the sky!  I don't know what it is!

Roselaar

Some great figures there! Who produces that wonderful Azdarchid?

ITdactyl

Thanks!  The walking quetzalcoatlus is a shapeways print/design by Aaron Doyle.

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

ITdactyl

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.