News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Leaners & Other Awkward Figures

Started by Keaton64, August 11, 2016, 12:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keaton64

While building up my collection of figures over the last year, I have come across certain models that have a tendency to lean.  I'm not talking about those that lean forward over time like Papo's spinosaurus or CollectA's Ichthyovenator.  The ones I'm going to show you have legs that don't line up with the rest of the body; it makes it seem like they are leaning sideways.  Using the Safari Ltd. Allosaurus as an example:

I originally bought the one on the left, and it couldn't stand at all, even after multiple hot water treatments.  It was then that I noticed that its legs didn't seem very parallel with its torso, and that could have been the reason.  I verified this after buying a second one; you can sort of tell that the legs are straighter on the right one.

I would see this again with the Schleich dilophosaurus:

It has no problem standing, but it just doesn't look right.  His legs are at an angle to the rest of the body.  The one that really bothered me was my newest Schleich, the barapasaurus:

What's strange is that the two right legs are perfectly flat on the ground, with the back left leg partially lifted.  If I position it so the back left leg is flat on the ground, you can tell that his body is straighter than before:

I didn't think I'd see this with a sauropod, especially one as bulky as this one.  To be fair, this figure may be in some sort of turning pose, so this may be appropriate.  I would love for others with this figure to let me know if theirs are positioned the same way.

I can't leave CollectA out, behold my leaning deluxe T-Rex:

I compared mine to the pictures of Suspsy's several times before deciding that something was off about it.  Feel free to share pictures of your own leaners or other awkwardly positioned figures.