News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR: Cerberus Clan

Started by FrancisDinoMan, December 26, 2023, 07:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrancisDinoMan

Hello again, I would like to know if anyone has this trio of Deinonychus for sale and if you can send me a link to any sales page other than eBay, I want to send it to a friend who is trying to get these, and has a bad experience buying there. It should also come with its box and black protective sponge, since he wants the figures to come to him in new condition and in good condition.

thanks I'd appreciate your help

Over9K

Quote from: FrancisDinoMan on December 26, 2023, 07:16:23 PMHello again, I would like to know if anyone has this trio of Deinonychus for sale and if you can send me a link to any sales page other than eBay, I want to send it to a friend who is trying to get these, and has a bad experience buying there. It should also come with its box and black protective sponge, since he wants the figures to come to him in new condition and in good condition.

thanks I'd appreciate your help

All can offer you is a heartfelt 'good luck." I can't even give you the eBay link you don't want, because there are none on offer on eBay.

Pretty sure Cerberus Clan was a one-run-and-done product for REBOR, and I'm personally betting it was a small run as well, so finding them anywhere at all for sale is going to be an exercise in patience, and persistence.

FrancisDinoMan

I managed to find a page that had them available and in good condition, but the bad thing is that they only shipped to the Philippines, did not make international shipments :( From then on I couldn't find pages that had the item available, almost all of them had the Deinonychus out of stock.

As you say, in addition to being a one-run-and-done by REBOR, it is one of their oldest and most discontinued releases, hence why finding them in good condition would be difficult. but anyways

Faelrin

There was another Philippines site I got mine from in early 2021 (with international shipping), but I did a quick check and it was gone there too (AnoToys). I think I was very lucky when I got mine, and even I overpaid because of the international shipping to the US.

The numerous European model stores I know of don't carry it anymore either. Best one can do is check various auction sites, including ebay and mercari.

That said while it won't be the same as Rebor's there is some alternatives on the way with both the upcoming 1/18 scale Cyberzoic one (slated for spring 2025) and the Wild Past one in 1/35 scale I think (depending on the success of their planned kickstarter). I would recommend keeping an eye on the threads here.

Edit: I forgot to mention the Cyberzoic one is up for pre-order here:

https://cyberzoic-toys.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

FrancisDinoMan

Yeah, In these cases it would be best to resort to auctions or second-hand stores; It is not easy to obtain these types of figures for 2014 or 2016, even if they are the first for the company.

On the other hand, I think my friend is not a BOTM fan. I saw his collection and many of his figures and they were not articulated. The best alternative would be Wild Past in case i can't find the REBOR ones.

cryolophosaurus

To add on, another alternative if you can't get hands on those deinonychus is just to get a 3D print kit. Cheap if you look in the right places (7-8 bucks) and fun to paint. Here's one of my 1:35 scaled deinonychus as a example.

FrancisDinoMan

It's a good idea, the bad thing is that he doesn't do 3D printing, but he doesn't do painting.

In addition, he only collects brand-name figures, being one of the most sought-after pieces.

anyway thanks for the help 👍

Over9K

Hey who knows, maybe REBOR might do a Cerberus Clan Redux at some point...

FrancisDinoMan

yeah, seeing that they are working on several remakes, I don't doubt that at some point they will release some Deinonychus that have better detail and a slightly larger size.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm sure they might eventually get to new dromeosaurs.