News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Hello Fellow Paleontology Lovers!

Started by Nimravid88, January 03, 2015, 05:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimravid88

Hi!

I'm a geo/paleo from eastern  MT! I just had this site pointed out to me by the Psittacosaurus guy :D

I have a few of the Parasaurolophus walkeri toys (Papo, Dino Horizons, Wild Safari), but most of my recent buys have been for my new little nephew, Nicholas, who is also going to love dinosaurs! It's not even optional  ;D

I love to hike in the summer, when it's no longer -30 outside and hunt for fossils. Mostly marine stuff here, with a few exceptions. Before I moved out here I worked and volunteered at a fossil prep lab in SD. I enjoy restoring the old life that I dig up, so the winter is murder for me out here! But I guess the skiing and hunting seasons make up for it. Currently I work on the oil rigs in ND, so I don't often have reliable internet, but this site looks pretty interesting! And with things slowing down where I work, I might actually have time to poke around and get to know folks.

Arul

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

amargasaurus cazaui

Glad you made it over here Nim....I have been called alot worse than the "psittacosaurus guy" before . Look forward to your visit here and I think the world is the better for all the dinosaur loving ladies out there in the paleo community. Like I told you before, I like the name ya chose !!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

DinoToyForum

SpittersForEver

triceratops83

Hi! I hope you can soon bulk out that Parasaurolophus collection, nice dinosaur!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Manatee

Welcome! There are a good amount of Para figures, but not too many like there are T. rexes, so in my opinion you chose a pretty good genus to be the focal point of your collection. It's also one of my favorite dinosaurs, but that's besides the point.

DinoLord

Welcome! I'm jealous that you got to go fossil hunting in SD; I've always loved collecting the ammonites from there!

TJ_Terrorsaur

Paleogene Pals

Hey somebody else who lives in the Dakotas! It take it you did your work at your fossil prep lab near or in Rapid City? I live in Vermillion, SD at the extreme SE corner of the state. What is the oil patch in ND like nowadays with the price of oil dropping?

Libraraptor

Welcome to the forum! This like does not only look interesting, it even IS! I enjoy being around here for five or so years now. I like the thought of two generations collecting dinosaurs together!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.