News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Can you help me confirm if this figure is an original Schleich?

Started by Alexa, June 20, 2014, 08:06:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexa

Hi there!

I'd like to ask your opinion on something;

My boyfriend is a dinosaur fan and has started to collect figures. His birthday is close and I want to gift him a schleich T-rex figure... Someone has offered to sell me this figure (the brown one):

Do you think it's an authentic Schleich? I think the color is too even and shiny for a Schleich dino... but I'd rather let you judge that; hopefully a kind owner of this figure will post a pic so I can compare them.

Also, the other figure (the Green one) looks kind of dorky... is that a Schleich or is it some other brand?

Thanks for the help, my boy will flip out when I tell him about this website. ;D

tyrantqueen

Yes, as far as I can tell, it's the real McCoy. That Tyrannosaurus was discontinued a while back. Does it have a Schleich trademark on the belly or anywhere else?

Roselaar

The colour does seem a bit odd. But if it says on its belly it's Schleich, than it is. Otherwise, it's a clever bootleg.

If you want to give your friend a good T-Rex figure though, I doubt this overly retro T-Rex is on anybody's list here. :)

As for the other figure, no idea. Definitely not Schleich.

brandem

Can't recall the brand but the green figure is a turok one from the n64 era

Everything_Dinosaur

The Brown figure at the back does look like a Schleich model, it should have branding on the underside that is clearly visible.  It looks like the 2006 "anniversary" T. rex, a figure made by Schleich and added to their Saurus range to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the naming and describing of Tyrannosaurus rex.  Model was retired a couple of years ago (2012)? If you have not seen a picture of this model on the forum, suggest you look over the Everything Dinosaur blog.  This blog contains thousands of articles about dinosaurs and we wrote a short feature on this model when it came out: Celebrating 100 years of T. rex

Here is a link to one of Schleich's own photos that shows the model (eating strawberries): Schleich picture

Just search on the blog for Schleich T. rex up this should show you a number of pictures and articles.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Everything Dinosaur

EmperorDinobot

The Green dino is from Turok. I'm selling one. Nice buncha weird dinos. Large, too.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 18, 2014, 07:36:08 AM
The Green dino is from Turok. I'm selling one. Nice buncha weird dinos. Large, too.

Heh I have the other three Turok dinos for sale, the Rex, other Raptor and Spino. They have some cool warpaint on em' !

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

Rathalosaurus

Hey PrestonKN. This isn't a page for ads. Stop making posts like this!! >:( >:(
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

croatasaurus