News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

asking my buyers to comment on my trustworthiness

Started by brettnj, December 17, 2014, 06:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

Hey.

I started selling in July and just recently had my first two experiences with buyers not paying me.  The more recent involves someone for whom I spent money.  I am considering starting to request payments or deposits immediately from new buyers, despite their having to wait more than a month to receive their items (since I have my source in Japan ship all orders to me approximately every month to (keep things simple and) save everyone on shipping). 

As I expect some might want reassurance, I'd like to have a specific thread to which to refer them.  I'm hoping anyone who has bought from me--my regulars especially--will take a moment to vouch for my service and integrity here.

Thanks in advance for any consideration.
Brett

DinoLord

I have bought from Brett a bunch of times, with some cases where I sent payment well in advance. Nothing but positive experiences here.

DinoToyForum

The topic is fine, but please don't use so many all caps, it is internet speak for I'M SHOUTING AT YOU! Thanks C:-)

stargatedalek

I've only made a couple orders from Brett so far, but whenever I can't find a figure myself I know he'll be my go-to source! ;)

Georassic

Brett's a fair dealer. I paid him in advance for a couple harder-to-find Kaiyodos and he totally came through for me, and faster than I expected. Thumbs up!!!

postsaurischian

I have recently made my first transaction with Brett and he got me these two fish beauties I had been looking for for a while and couldn't find anywhere myself :).

They weren't really cheap, but 1. they are obviously rare and from Japan and 2. I had been informed about each and every costs before I paid, so it was my decision.
Brett answered quickly to each e-mail I had sent him, the items were perfectly packed and in great condition.

What else is there to say?    ....... I will surely contact him again in the future :).

brettnj

Appreciate the comments, guys.  I'll get to reciprocating on the feedback page soon now that I can match my buyers to board IDs more easily.

One note to anyone considering buying from me--the not cheap mention above is all about the seller from whom we obtained the (yes, rare--one's a secret) figures--not me.  Typically, and it's why I have so many buyers, I get them the best prices they can get anywhere (without their having their own direct source in Japan, I suppose), which I did in this case as well, and can get just about anything.

Thanks again.
Brett

Alexxitator

Brett was my source for quite a few Kaiyodo's and the two limited versions of the Schleich Rex. (red and gold)
He was very patient with me as I had a lot of questions about a great many things I didn't get. So aside from a trustworthy seller he was some sort of teacher for me aswell.

Recommended seller!  C:-)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Arul

Soo you had sent the package but the buyers didnt pay until now ?

SBell

Quote from: ARUL on December 17, 2014, 11:33:43 PM
Soo you had sent the package but the buyers didnt pay until now ?

He sort of does--the purchases are made in Japan, and the buyer there expects payment so that everything gets shipped.

So a lot of trust going on.

Therefore, if you place orders with him, make sure to keep an eye out for the payment requests--it means we all get our stuff that much faster!

I have been buying from Brett, off and on (he got out of it for a little while), for years (at least since 2004 or so) and have never had an issue.

Plus, his source has been able to find out info on all sorts of oddities that I've seen once--now the trick is finding them for sale! And I know I'm not the only one that has been able to find a rarity or two through him.

Arul

SBell

Quote from: ARUL on December 19, 2014, 04:30:09 AM
Ohh yeah i see, the "bet" is high...

I don't understand--but I think I need to clarify a bit. Nothing is sent to his buyers (us) until he has received full payment. Should have mentioned that.

Which is part of the potential need for deposits from unfamiliar buyers that he mentioned.

Paleogene Pals

If he is good at finding Kaiyodo Dinolands, I should keep Brett in mind.

Roselaar

I also had a recent good experience with Brett. He's definitely your best bet for Japanese figures.

But isn't this sort of thing what the Feedback Thread is for? An accompanying Member Ratings Thread would also be of great use for determining forum members' reliability. Even though it's a bitch to maintain.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.