News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yet another new ceratopsian

Started by Gwangi, September 17, 2015, 12:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

alexeratops

We didn't just discover a new dinosaur... we discovered a future Wild Safari model.
like a bantha!

Tyto_Theropod

Quote from: alexeratops on September 17, 2015, 01:17:37 AM
We didn't just discover a new dinosaur... we discovered a future Wild Safari model.

Haha yes! They are probably the world's leading producer of small plastic Ceratopians! XD

Genuinely, though, I would love to see an Avaceratops model, but then again I feel that its group are over-represented in the dinosaur toy world. It would be a real breath of fresh air to see some small Ornithopods and Heterodontosaurids, Ornithomimids and Prosauropods as well. ;)

Anyway, this is a very exciting discovery, especially because of 1) the relative completeness of the skeleton and 2) the skin impressions. Personally I'm very interested in what could well be quite a significant find. Besides, the skeleton is beautiful and I love the mount. :)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

Paleona

Very cool!  There have been so many ceratopsian finds lately.  I love that picture of the fossils with the curator, so you get a "before and after" type image in your head.  :)
(Looking forward to that future model, too!)

Georassic

I live about 25 minutes from RMDRC and took our boys there a month or two ago. They had signs advertising this mount "coming soon." We'll need to make a return trip to check him out.
Side note: their dino-gift shop is pretty awesome, dinosaur-wise it's far better than Denver Museum of Nature & History's.

Mamasaurus

Always very cool to have a new ceratopsian to drool over, but I agree with Tyto. There are so many wonderful animals that it would be good to see representations of something like a hadrosaur, ornithomimid, or hypsolophodont, for a change.

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.