News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

'Dinoz' / Simba miniatures

Started by DinoToyForum, April 08, 2012, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I posted a link to these in the Ebay Germany thread, but thought it might be better to create a separate thread for discussion ;)

'Dinoz' seem to be a line of frippin ugly miniatures. But what's the story here - they seem to have two heads? Perhaps our German members could enlighten us?

Dinoz Sammelfiguren mit Booklet und Sammelkarte Dinosaurier Predators sortiert

Some examples:

CityRaptor

I actually have the Ultrasaurus from that line.  They indeed have two heads.  See the hatch on the back and the hollow space on the belly? They are flip head figures. Push down one head into the belly and the other comes out of the back.
There seems no particular story line behind them. They are made by Simba and are their third line of blind bag" Dinosaur" figures, following Predators and Predators DNA Fusion.

For size comparism:

[attachment msg=5044][/attachment]
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

ITewan

I actually don't mind that Iguanodon. :P
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

CityRaptor

Oh yes, here is the entry on Smba's  Website, showing the feature and all 26 figures.
http://www.simbatoys.de/de/marken__produkte/dinoz.shtml
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Reminds of the Ice Age 3 Mama Rex fast food premium...one is a happy face the other angry. ;D

SBell

All it makes me think is how sad I am that the Predators line never made it to Canada--our store was going to get them in, but then they were never brought in by the supplier.

What I really want is a few of the mammals--Hyaenodon, Deinotherium, Chalicotherium, etc.

tyrantqueen

Sorry if I offend anyone who may like these figures but....

YUUUUUCK  *yuck*

DinoToyForum

Libraraptor

Okay, Adam, enlightenment is coming :D First of all, I never have seen these curious little cuties befire. Maybe I´ll get a few I like. I find them very interesting! That Struthiomimus is funny!
They speak of a "Wechselkopffunktion", which I´d translate as changing head-function. It works that way: On one axis there are two necks with heads. The other neck and head lie buried under the back of the figure, which functions as a lid covering the second face.
Simba is the company who released them and had a really cool idea!

DinoToyForum

Thanks Libraraptor et al.
I like the concept too, very creative  :)

CityRaptor

Sadly not that realistic, even if they have some interesting choices.

Quote from: SBell on April 09, 2012, 03:19:30 AM
All it makes me think is how sad I am that the Predators line never made it to Canada--our store was going to get them in, but then they were never brought in by the supplier.

What I really want is a few of the mammals--Hyaenodon, Deinotherium, Chalicotherium, etc.

Those would be from the second Wave, Volcano Battle. In Germany I only ever saw the first Wave ( Return of the Dinosaurs, despite only half of that Wave being Dinosaurs, but only if you count the Terrorbird ) and then skipped straight to the third Wave, DNA Fusion. Which did away with any Cenozoic Animals. The closest to a Mammal you will find in there are Lothar, Makhar, Kairan and Destrux, who all have Lystrosaurus DNA. Chances are good that that wave will end up in Canada, as they are releasing it with some modifications as "Predasaurs DNA Fusion" in the US:  http://www.predasaurs.com/us/dna_fusion/home/
I also know about a future 4th wave: Insect Invasion, which will include Dinosaur-Insect-Hybrids invading the Island of the other guys....

Maybe we could make this a thread about both toylines, as both are made by Simba....
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 15, 2012, 11:20:21 PM
Sadly not that realistic, even if they have some interesting choices.

Quote from: SBell on April 09, 2012, 03:19:30 AM

Those would be from the second Wave, Volcano Battle. In Germany I only ever saw the first Wave ( Return of the Dinosaurs, despite only half of that Wave being Dinosaurs, but only if you count the Terrorbird ) and then skipped straight to the third Wave, DNA Fusion. Which did away with any Cenozoic Animals. The closest to a Mammal you will find in there are Lothar, Makhar, Kairan and Destrux, who all have Lystrosaurus DNA. Chances are good that that wave will end up in Canada, as they are releasing it with some modifications as "Predasaurs DNA Fusion" in the US:  http://www.predasaurs.com/us/dna_fusion/home/
I also know about a future 4th wave: Insect Invasion, which will include Dinosaur-Insect-Hybrids invading the Island of the other guys....

Maybe we could make this a thread about both toylines, as both are made by Simba....

Oh, I know that the mammals got left out this time--and I am not a fan of 'fusion' or 'chaos effect' mutant figures.  What I want is the mammals from the original series.

CityRaptor

Well. I would not suggest the DNA Fusion or upcoming Insect Invasion Figures to anyone, due to their lack of realism. But they are kinda fun to collect. They are also rather well done. Guess they got rid of the mammals because they thought it would be weird to mix them with Dinosaurs ( given that only the Leader, Co-Leader and Ancient of each tribe have "pure" DNA ). Or because they thought 3 tribes would be enough. But then again, with the upcoming Insect Invasion there will be 6 tribes...
Oh no

CityRaptor

Okay, for those interested in Dinoz and Predators living in Germany. Real now has both lines on clearence. 1 € instead of 1.99 € a piece.
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 31, 2012, 10:50:06 PM
Okay, for those interested in Dinoz and Predators living in Germany. Real now has both lines on clearence. 1 € instead of 1.99 € a piece.

If anyone can find me a Predators Hyaenodon and Chalicotherium I would greatly appreciate it.

deanm

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 31, 2012, 10:50:06 PM

If anyone could get me the Quetzalcotalus from the Dinoz series I would appreciate & pay for it. Thanks

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.