News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A day at the beach with the Spino family

Started by Meso-Cenozoic, January 20, 2015, 03:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

I had originally put this in the "CollectA - New for 2015" thread as a followup to a chat Blade and I were having, but I think it will be more at home here. ;)
Plus, I haven't done any kind of diorama since the first diorama contest back on V1. So it's about time! Hehe!!

So here I give you the three new CollectA Spinosaurs doing what they do best at a family outing at the beach...

If you're having trouble like I am viewing the top image in its full size in Photobucket, click on the link below. It will take you to the actual image in Photobucket where you can click on the "View image" magnifying glass to see the original full size XL pic. :)

http://s259.photobucket.com/user/BSistheBest/media/summer_beach_scene-wallpaper-1920x1080copycopy_zps354e40bf.jpg.html

tyrantqueen

Isn't that water a bit too shallow for such a large creature to be swimming in though?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe but it's just for fun so I'm cool with it..they just need umbrellas... ;) ;D

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 20, 2015, 04:24:56 AM
Isn't that water a bit too shallow for such a large creature to be swimming in though?

Hmm. I thought that as well at first. But so you could still see the third swimming Spino, I put him in closer to the shore. I'm in the theater, and you're always having to use your willing suspension of disbelief. So for me, as soon as the water starts turning more of that slightly deeper aqua blue, I believe it also starts to drop off a little more quickly from the shallow shore line. Not too deep yet to make it a darker blue, but deep enough to let a teenager paddle around in. 8)  (Did I dig myself out at least a little bit? LOL!)

Hahaha, Chris! And some beach chairs and refreshing drinks to wash all that fish down with. ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe later they can go for a nice sail..( spinosaurus, sail, get it? ) lol

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 20, 2015, 04:56:36 AM
Maybe later they can go for a nice sail..( spinosaurus, sail, get it? ) lol

Haha! That's funny you should say that. There were some large sailboat masts in the background behind those big rock formations towards the middle of the back of the scene. I should've left them there! LOL!

....also, the waters are very very clear at this beach. So what appears to be shallow, is actually much deeper. This Spino family only beaches at the best of beaches! Haha!! (Dig myself out yet a little bit more? ;) )

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've never been to a beach like this before..maybe one day...it's cool that in clear water with regular goggles my vision is crystal clear. Underwater without or using glasses I get nothing. So I'm more comfortable in pools..but a beach like this with crystal clear water..I can dig it!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Arul

beautiful  :D but i guest when spino swim it will make a big wave :))

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.