News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Brown Running T. rex

Started by Meso-Cenozoic, January 17, 2015, 12:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Does anyone know if this exclusive version is still available anywhere or is it pretty much an eBay search item from now on? Thanks!

Ikessauro

I guess you can't find it not even eBay. Never was listed there before, as far as I know.

EDIT: It was only available for a really short period of time, around a month only.

Meso-Cenozoic

Yeah, I know. This will be a tough one to locate! I'm sure any lucky collector that got a hold of one will be keeping it in their collection. :'(

Arul

Very clever strategy from papo didnt announce this figure and sell it with low profile make it into the greatest treasure for paposaurs lovers around the world. But i prefer the green because the color is more soft and doff. Btw bl00df0x have the brown running trex you can see his thread in diorama thread. Or buy green running trex and repaint it, the color is not too complicated i think..

suspsy

I acquired mine quite by chance when I ordered the RTR from a Canadian chain called Mastermind Toys. I was stunned when I opened the package!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

TJ_Terrorsaur

I tried contacting Mastermind Toys about the Brown Running Rex and they never got back to me. I would have loved to have one of these in my collection as well. I have heard that one or two were on Amazon.

tyrantqueen

I think only a very small batch were made. The only place you can get them now is the second hand market (in theory, I've yet to see it happen).

There is always the chance that Papo might release this colour variant again in future.

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks, guys! Suspsy, when google imaging this guy, I found your old post with these pics. Great pics btw! Maybe that's the closest I'll get to him. :P

I did email Mastermind Toys tonight about the brown. We'll see if they get back to me with any info.

sauroid

is the color the only difference between the brown and green running rex, but basically the same mold/sculpt?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

suspsy

Hate to say this, but I seriously doubt Mastermind will be of any help. I got that T. Rex back in the summer of 2012. I would assume that any others MM had were sold off a long time ago. Certainly I never came across another in any of their stores. Sorry. :(

Oh, and please, no one PM me asking if I'm willing to sell it. I got inundated with a bunch of offers back in the day.

Roselaar

My regular Papo address once assured me they could get their hands on any Papo figure. I took him up on that offer and had him do a thorough search for the Brown Rex. After a couple of mistakes (many of his contacts didn't even know this variant existed!), the word finally got back from the Papo offices that the brown Rex is not in stock in France, nor is it produced anymore. It seems the few samples that got out in that short period of time were the only ones. Bu at least the search resulted in my address receiving a batch of at that point already retired original green Rexes.

Never saw this for sale online, sadly. If one was to hit eBay, I imagine it would go for quite a hefty sum.

Arul

You are "the marked one" suspsy  :P

mpchi

I too was looking for this a bit more than a year ago, when I was trying to decide which Papo T-Rex to settle with in my collection. Definitely love the brown color more, but realized it is a super rare edition and a year too late. Eventually settled with the green running T-Rex.

Dyscrasia

Regardless of accuracy issues, I think that it is a stunning figure.  ^-^

suspsy

Ikessauro

I myself am quite the Papo fan, so I am glad I managed to get one for myself on December, 2011 when was still available in a few stores in France. Had to ask a collector from France to get it for me, almost lost it. The package came to Brazil and by mistake of our lousy postal system it went to Japan! How that happen is a mystery. Gladly they returned it to the sender who again shipped it to me. Now it's one of my prized possessions!

I wonder how much it would reach on eBay. I've got several offers for it, some quite tempting ones. Anyway, never sold it nor intend to sell it, no matter the offer.

mpchi

Quote from: Ikessauro on January 19, 2015, 02:55:41 AM
I myself am quite the Papo fan, so I am glad I managed to get one for myself on December, 2011 when was still available in a few stores in France. Had to ask a collector from France to get it for me, almost lost it. The package came to Brazil and by mistake of our lousy postal system it went to Japan! How that happen is a mystery. Gladly they returned it to the sender who again shipped it to me. Now it's one of my prized possessions!

I wonder how much it would reach on eBay. I've got several offers for it, some quite tempting ones. Anyway, never sold it nor intend to sell it, no matter the offer.

Yeah. Definitely keep it for yourself. You can always make more money later on, but a brown running T-Rex may never come twice.

Ikessauro

Quote from: mpchi on January 19, 2015, 05:35:28 AM
Quote from: Ikessauro on January 19, 2015, 02:55:41 AM

That is my exact way of thinking. Money can be earned again everywhere, just need to work. Rare dino models don't come very often!

Yeah. Definitely keep it for yourself. You can always make more money later on, but a brown running T-Rex may never come twice.

Roselaar

You're both lucky, lucky people... ;)

Oh well, the rest of us still has the green version. And maybe, just maybe, Papo will once decide it's too weird they got green and brown versions of every T-Rex commonly available but this one, and do something about it.

suspsy

Or maybe Papo will release an all-new, ultra-rare blue version. Or red. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: