News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA Guidraco Size Comparison

Started by suspsy, January 14, 2015, 01:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

Wow!  Will be a nice add to the pterosaur collection!   

This will be a good year for pterosaurs! Actually any year with pterosaurs is.  :). Lol

Meso-Cenozoic

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 14, 2015, 07:11:46 PM
I knew it was gonna be big..but WOW.  Yeah I need 3 or 4 of these... ;) ;D

Looks like they fixed the moving jaw too..looks MUCH better now. I'm guessing the previous pic was a prototype?

Chris, you took the words right out of my mouth. LOL! That's the first thing I noticed! The only major thing I liked better on the prototype, is the airbrushing of the colored stripes on his crown. On this mass-produced figure, the colors seem to be painted in hard lines, which doesn't look as natural to me. But in any event, I think I need to start cleaning up my birdcage. ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

lol  I gotta figure out how to mount them...hate to glue em' down..maybe pinning will work.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Gwangi

Oh wow, seeing it in-hand really forces you to appreciate how large it is. Alright, so I may have to display it as a sand alone piece and not with the rest of my collection. I'm still getting though!

Fluffysaurus

This one is awesome!! Cant wait to get my hands on this one.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

alexeratops

Whoah. That's HUGE! I think they did a good job fixing the jaw articulation. ;)
like a bantha!

EmperorDinobot

Everything_Dinosaur

Glad you liked our pics, also glad you did not choose to illustrate the size of the replica with the photo of me holding a couple of the models :)

Takama

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 07, 2015, 06:58:46 PM
Glad you liked our pics, also glad you did not choose to illustrate the size of the replica with the photo of me holding a couple of the models :)

I think its more helpful(Visually) to see how big the models are in the hands of an actual Human.

I posted that photo on a Different Forum because of that. If you want me to retract it, I will ;)

Everything_Dinosaur

No worries, don't retract the photo, I tend to be the one volunteered for the photos and such like.  When we work in schools I have lots of pictures taken with me and children holding the fossils that we bring in, my mid rif is one of the most photographed things in the company.  Happy that you liked the pics, we posted them up so that people could get a good idea just how big these replicas were.  If you want more pics, just email us at [email protected] happy to oblige.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 14, 2015, 04:15:43 PM
Archaeopteryx, Rahonavis and Pterodactylus.
Also Baby Dinosaurs and maybe some of the smaller Synapsids, like Thrinaxodon.

A 1:1 subadult Pterodactylus based on the holotype would be just about the same size and proportions as this Guidraco... I'd buy one if the simply retooled the head! They could do some of the smaller Archaeopteryx specimens at 1:1 as well.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Blade-of-the-Moon

Oh yeah, good calls.

There are a lot of good options for this new line, I hope they keep coming with them!

CityRaptor

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on February 08, 2015, 11:09:04 AM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 14, 2015, 04:15:43 PM
Archaeopteryx, Rahonavis and Pterodactylus.
Also Baby Dinosaurs and maybe some of the smaller Synapsids, like Thrinaxodon.

A 1:1 subadult Pterodactylus based on the holotype would be just about the same size and proportions as this Guidraco... I'd buy one if the simply retooled the head! They could do some of the smaller Archaeopteryx specimens at 1:1 as well.

Yep, I know. I own a fossil replica of one. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Rathalosaurus

First I thought: WTF!!! What did they make with the Lower Jaw!!!
But then I saw the pictures of Everythingdinosaur and now I want this dinosaur!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Shonisaurus

No worries, don't retract the photo, I tend to be the one volunteered for the photos and such like.  When we work in schools I have lots of pictures taken with me and children holding the fossils that we bring in, my mid rif is one of the most photographed things in the company.  Happy that you liked the pics, we posted them up so that people could get a good idea just how big these replicas were.  If you want more pics, just email us at [email protected] happy to oblige.

Sorry Mike, but I like to know when will be revealed at least new photos of the novelties of prehistoric animals Collecta 2015, it would be interesting forum will reveal more photographs to compare especially the Guidraco, Entelodon, smilodon, feathered tyrannosaurus rex, Temnodontosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus.
This year, as already mentioned very interesting market for toys and precisely Collecta is no exception occurs.

Tallin

I do like the potential of this supreme range...I would love to see an eoraptor or eodromaeus since they are (possibly) the evolutionary fore-runners to our beloved dinos...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.