News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Horizon Velociraptor - Jurassic Park vinyl series

Started by Dances With Wolves, September 16, 2015, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dances With Wolves

Hi folks:

This was my first dino kit all those years back when Jurassic Park was doing the rounds. I think the scale is 1/5 and I used the same glass eyes Marcus Nichols employed in his build in Tamiya Model Magazine International.

Apologies for the crud background - early days and since rectified.

...and if you have trouble sleeping; here's the build article - http://modelingmadness.com/review/misc/figures/buddveloc.htm

Best regards

Steve  :)

"I want to be the Bob DeNiro of the Jurassic"
Robert T. Bakker

pylraster

Amazing build! The eyes really make a lot of difference. :D

Dances With Wolves

Quote from: pylraster on September 16, 2015, 10:35:37 PM
Amazing build! The eyes really make a lot of difference. :D

Hi P:

Thanks for that.
The scale of the kit made chopping out the vinyl orbits easy and they certainly add a touch of realism that paint alone simply can't touch.

Best regards

Steve

Robert T. Bakker

Viking Spawn

Looks fantastic!!!  Looks like an actual film render!!!

Dances With Wolves

Quote from: Viking Spawn on September 18, 2015, 05:59:21 AM
Looks fantastic!!!  Looks like an actual film render!!!

Hi VS:

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

Take it easy.

Steve  :)

Robert T. Bakker

Doug Watson

Beautiful, I really love how you painted the inside of the mouth.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.