News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR 1/35 Giganotosaurus carolinii 'Cars' and 'Cars-Ultimate Lifeform'

Started by Over9K, September 25, 2023, 04:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'll probably get the scientific version, I have too many JW Gigas already. 

Curious about the colors.

Faelrin

It looks like they toned the spikes on the back down a bit from the earlier images? I'm not entirely sure though. Like they seem a bit rounded off to me.

I'm also curious about the coloration, as well as how it will size with Kiss/Tusk.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SidB

Once again, a smart move to have both a lipped and non-lipped version. Are these totally separate  animals or interchangeable heads?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SidB on September 25, 2023, 01:08:54 PMOnce again, a smart move to have both a lipped and non-lipped version. Are these totally separate  animals or interchangeable heads?

individual models

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on September 25, 2023, 01:08:54 PMOnce again, a smart move to have both a lipped and non-lipped version. Are these totally separate  animals or interchangeable heads?

This is like the Charles Knight/Mesozoic Rhapsody & and Sharptooth/Californication, shared body with different head/details.

SidB

Quote from: Over9K on September 25, 2023, 08:49:07 PM

This is like the Charles Knight/Mesozoic Rhapsody & and Sharptooth/Californication, shared body with different head/details.

Right! Thanks.

Carnoking

Saw these images shared by Paleofiguras on Facebook first and foremost. I was smitten by the lipped version but as I kept scrolling through the images I physically recoiled when it switched up to the JW variant!

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on September 25, 2023, 03:17:50 PM

individual models
Check!

EuropaSuchus

It looks nice, but I am totally horrified just thinking about the idea of the tail SEAM.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: EuropaSuchus on October 23, 2023, 07:00:18 PMIt looks nice, but I am totally horrified just thinking about the idea of the tail SEAM.

I dunno why, all the current figures "seam" fine?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 24, 2023, 03:10:12 AM
Quote from: EuropaSuchus on October 23, 2023, 07:00:18 PMIt looks nice, but I am totally horrified just thinking about the idea of the tail SEAM.

I dunno why, all the current figures "seam" fine?

That Diplodocus seems to be darn near universally adored, and that's got duelling joints, tail and neck!

IMO, most of the issues with the most complained about seam, the Kiss tail joint, is PAINT. If the colorway didn't actually change right there, literally ON the seam, and people pushed the tail in all the way, the join would be as invisible as it is on Tusk.

Basilosaurus

Its been 6 months rebor please 🤧 (it will be worth the wait and i bet the colors will be amazing!)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Basilosaurus on March 20, 2024, 09:22:57 AMIts been 6 months rebor please 🤧 (it will be worth the wait and i bet the colors will be amazing!)

They'll get to it when they get it I guess. I hope it looks great with so many Gigas made and hitting the market it needs to stand out.

Basilosaurus

just like kiss and tusk I believe that it will be an absolute stand out for the species! It already looks absolutely stunning even without any paint aps! I can barely wait for it!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Basilosaurus on April 16, 2024, 03:04:02 PMjust like kiss and tusk I believe that it will be an absolute stand out for the species! It already looks absolutely stunning even without any paint aps! I can barely wait for it!

We'll see. I'm starting to get Giga burnout like with Spinosaurus. Too many at once. But I do hope it's an instant buy when I see it.

Turkeysaurus

It probably will be more like 1/30 scale like other Rebors. It can be collected as Paratype Giga. (other giga figures as holotype) I consider my T.rex "Kiss" as "Cope" or "Bertha" (Bigger than Sue & Scotty) Still probably bigger than the biggest specimens found so far. Also Rebor Diploducus as Hallorum, not carnegii.

Elengassen

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on May 10, 2024, 08:13:47 PMIt probably will be more like 1/30 scale like other Rebors. It can be collected as Paratype Giga. (other giga figures as holotype) I consider my T.rex "Kiss" as "Cope" or "Bertha" (Bigger than Sue & Scotty) Still probably bigger than the biggest specimens found so far. Also Rebor Diploducus as Hallorum, not carnegii.

From what I've read on other threads, even a lot of PNSOs are closer to 1/30 than 1/35, including ones that are advertised as 1/35. So this should fit into a lot of people's collections just fine.
One day we will know the truth about Spinosaurus... but not today.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.