News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Xiphactinus drawing

Started by Uroplatus, March 08, 2015, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uroplatus

Hi, i recently have been thinking abouth trying to do a sculpture so today while doing some research and looking at some drawings on the web i decided to make a pencil sketch first, using some other drawings as a reference.
It's obviously not fully worked out yet , neither did i keep accuracy in mind for this first one but this is what i made...

I am fully aware of the lack of my talent so any constructive criticism is more than welcome. :)

spinosaurus1

very nice work. if anything, my two cents would be to just practice using shading.

Uroplatus

Thanks, yeah i know, i need to work on that. :)

Paleogene Pals

Very nice, Xiphactinus is rarely, if ever, represented in 3 dimensional form.

Kayakasaurus

Neat! I can't wait to see the sculpt! That sounds like lots of fun. Do you know what material you will be sculpting with?
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Uroplatus

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on March 08, 2015, 02:40:26 PM
Very nice, Xiphactinus is rarely, if ever, represented in 3 dimensional form.

Thank you, i only know of one...
http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/thread/1176/1-40-xiphactinus-released

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on March 08, 2015, 08:28:50 PM
Neat! I can't wait to see the sculpt! That sounds like lots of fun. Do you know what material you will be sculpting with?

Thank you.
I don't know yet, some sort of polymer clay for sure but i have to go and see wich brands are available here, and i might have to get a few different ones to see what i like to work with the most.

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.