News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What do you guys use for stripping paint?

Started by 0onarcissisto0, April 23, 2012, 12:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0onarcissisto0

Hey all,

Title says it all. What's a good product to strip paint from a resin kit?

Appreciate the help. Thanks!

Jeb
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Joel

I get a large bucket (sometimes a trash can), fill it with water and about 1/2 cup of low odor mineral spirits, and dunk the dinosaur for about two or three hours. Then I use a wire brush (the kind that look like big tooth brushes and would be painful if you tried to brush your teeth with) to scrape the paint.

Metallisuchus

I don't do any customizations or anything, but I think you might be able to use acetone for that. I'd look into it first though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Will any of these methods work on vinyl you guys think ?

Metallisuchus

Dunno... Acetone is (I think) basically nail polish remover. I use acetone on guitars, to remove residue, markings, etc.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.