News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Model wanted for tabletop purpose

Started by Xarxorx, March 27, 2015, 10:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarxorx

Hello guys,

i hope my request fits into this forum. I didn't know where to post it. So if it fits somewhere else please move my thread and thanks in advance.
Anyways i hope you dino toy experts can help me.

I'm a 80's kid and was a huge dinosaur fan. I got some Dinosaur toys and Dino Riders were one of my favorite tv shows. I'm also a tabletop enthusiast.
With my current project i want to combine my old affection with the tabletop. That's the reason why i'm currently building an Eldar Exodite Army click
(Be aware of Dinosaurs with lasers, dont click if you dont like ^-^)

Anyways here comes why i need your help:
I want to build a special "big" dinosaur as the coronation of the collection. I would like to have an Apatosaurus or a Brachiosauris as base.
I took a look and serveral dinosaur models and most of them didn't fit for me. Most hadn't as much as details as i wanted others were to big in scale.
Since you guys are experts i hope you can help me to find a model, which fits my ideas.

Look like: Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus
Material: Hardplastic, Resin, Vinyl (from best to ok)

Size: (Up to...)
Length: 10" (25cm)
Height: 6" (15cm)
Wide: 4-5" (8cm)
1:48

I bought the Horizon Apatosaurus, but it's to big. (meh)
I really like the Apatosaurus from David Krentz, but i don't know if it's fits. click

Looking forward for your suggestions and a big thanks. I'm glad i found a forum like this.

postsaurischian

An Apatosaurus in 1:48 with a length of 25 cm would be a juvenile.
But I know that 1:48 for some Diorama builders means something different than for us scale nerds.
The Krentz Apatosaurus is about 25 cm long and about 8 cm high, which is anatomically correct - probably your best choice.

In about 1:48 I would recommend Invicta, Wild Safari or Papo.

Maybe the Kabaya Seismosaurus is interesting for you, it's about 30 cm long.
(This is a repainted version)

tyrantqueen

QuoteAnyways here comes why i need your help:
I want to build a special "big" dinosaur as the coronation of the collection. I would like to have an Apatosaurus or a Brachiosauris as base.
I took a look and serveral dinosaur models and most of them didn't fit for me. Most hadn't as much as details as i wanted others were to big in scale.
Since you guys are experts i hope you can help me to find a model, which fits my ideas.

From what I understand, GW's minis are 1:48 in scale. Wild Safari's Apatosaurus was around 1:43 to 1:51 scale.

Favorite's old Apatosaurus was 1:50 (not the plastic toy, the resin statue) Could be a little tricky to find though

amargasaurus cazaui

Wouldnt one of the Invicta sauropods fill the bill rather nicely and then he could just paint it?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Xarxorx

Thanks for your replys. I think that will help me a lot.
Will try to compare the Krentz one and the Invicta looks fine too.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.