News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Does any company makes a Shantungosaurus beside starlux or Kaiyodo?

Started by vaindioux, April 05, 2015, 09:08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaindioux

Hi

I am surprised I can't find this dinosaur from companies like Safari, Schleich or Procon. I have the starlux, the Kaiyodo is probably too small. I would like a new release of it.

Thanks

Patrick

DinoLord

Hello and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I can't think of any additional Shantungosaurus figures from the ones you mentioned except this 1/72 figure from Shapeways. The Kaiyodo figure is really nice though; I would highly recommend it if you get a chance.

vaindioux

Thanks for the help, I just got back into collecting.

Patrick

tyrantqueen

Darren McDonald had a 1/20 Shantungo on eBay but the model did not sell well enough and was pulled from the listings. Shame :(

triceratops83

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2015, 09:31:40 PM
Darren McDonald had a 1/20 Shantungo on eBay but the model did not sell well enough and was pulled from the listings. Shame :(

Any pics of that? I'd love to know more about Darren McDonald's sculpts, from what I've seen he's up there with Shane Foulkes.

As for Shantungosaurus there's a Max Salas model (good luck....) and I think there's a Sega Dinosaur King?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: triceratops83 on April 06, 2015, 04:06:20 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 05, 2015, 09:31:40 PM

Any pics of that? I'd love to know more about Darren McDonald's sculpts, from what I've seen he's up there with Shane Foulkes.

As for Shantungosaurus there's a Max Salas model (good luck....) and I think there's a Sega Dinosaur King?
Unfortunately no. The seller was Mike Fredericks (pretimes on eBay) so if you're curious you could email him for more information. I don't think the kit is being sold though (although I could be wrong).

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.