News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

1:5 Scale Anzu in the works

Started by nwfonseca, January 18, 2016, 03:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ataraxus

it`s really a great work again but is it possible that the next model is an unfeathered one?

nwfonseca

Not sure, I do have a Troodon in the lineup that I already drew up the plans for. I haven't 100% decided on the one after that. I might do a 1:20 Giganotosaurus. But it will really depend on where the wind blows me. There are so many dinos and it is so hard to choose.

nwfonseca

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 01, 2016, 05:42:34 PM
Looking awesome bud!  I don't whether to post here, facebook or DA though! lol   One question, the feathers on the top of the thigh there in the second pic look very uniform is that an area your still going to detail further?

Yeah, the feathers are at a first pass phase. I have to go in and refine everything once I get it all laid out. I will go in and do some individual feathers but not all. Of course the feathers take a long time to do right, it is super difficult to automate the process.

ataraxus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: nwfonseca on March 01, 2016, 10:38:34 PM
Not sure, I do have a Troodon in the lineup that I already drew up the plans for. I haven't 100% decided on the one after that. I might do a 1:20 Giganotosaurus. But it will really depend on where the wind blows me. There are so many dinos and it is so hard to choose.

Amen to that brother....way too many out there.  Troodon would be  great as would a 1:20 / 1:15 Giga like I said on fb. Have you ever posted pics here of your BIG one?

Quote from: nwfonseca on March 01, 2016, 10:41:59 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 01, 2016, 05:42:34 PM
Looking awesome bud!  I don't whether to post here, facebook or DA though! lol   One question, the feathers on the top of the thigh there in the second pic look very uniform is that an area your still going to detail further?

Yeah, the feathers are at a first pass phase. I have to go in and refine everything once I get it all laid out. I will go in and do some individual feathers but not all. Of course the feathers take a long time to do right, it is super difficult to automate the process.

i can sympathize....I had to cut out every one of the darn things on the lifesize Velociraptors we made.  I think once started I could about doze off and be done before i knew it..heh heh

DinoLord

I'd definitely love to see some 1:20 dinosaurs, especially sauropods. I've really been impressed by your past sculpts (including this Anzu), but I tend to avoid collecting sculpts in such a large scale because I don't have many other figures in similar scales that display well with them.

nwfonseca

Hi All! I just thought I would share some updated images of the Anzu sculpt. It is coming along nicely. I am nearly finished at this point. I still need to clean a few things up, work on the base, and get ready for molding and casting. I removed the turkey beard for sculpting, but will add it back in due time. I am looking forward to wrapping this up and moving on to the next piece.

DinoG

Run!

Dobber

Fantastic sculpting Nick! Looking forward to seeing what's next.  8)

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.