You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Takams Prehistoric DVD/BLU-RAY Collection

Started by Takama, June 06, 2015, 02:14:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Ok There are thousands of Dinosaur flicks and documentarys out there, so i made an effort to buy them even if there complete garbage. because im a sucker for dinosaurs.

In this thread i will show my Collection of Prehistoric Centric Movies and Documenterys.   

First one Is Jurassic City

A low Budget film, with bikini clad girls and a horrible plot. What i liked about this film is the main Dinosaurs which are Monolophosaurus.   Despite the name, it takes place mostly in a prison where some girls get locked up for partying too loud and backing into a Police Car. In the same prison is a Pedophile who acts like the badass and is seen Gunning down dinosaurs and making one liners.   He is at times a ok guy, and at times just a guy that deserves to be in prison. at the end of the movie, he seemingly kills the last of the Monolophosaurus, he asked the surviving girls for a "KISS" He later gets eaten by a surviving Monolophosaurus, and the Girls escape the prison only to see that the City is overrun with dinosaurs before cutting to credits

My score for this movie is a 3 out of 10. Because the Dinosaurs are Stock Dinosaurs you can get online, and for the most part they appear accurate with the exception of pronated hands. Everything else is meh   

Gwangi

Look forward to seeing your collection. I also collect dinosaur movies but I tend to focus more on the older practical effects moves instead of the recent CGI ones.

Takama

Next up is Carnosaur, i film i was forbidden to see as a Kid, and now i love as a Adult.

Back when i was a kid, the local movie store divided there movies by Genre. and I always go down the horror section to see what was on the covers. One of them Stood out to me because it had a big green T.Rex on it. Being a Dino loving kid, i wanted to see it, but my parents were hesitant to rent it because it was rated R.   Eventually they gave in, and they were disgusted by all of the Blood and Gore and took it back the next chance they had.

After i grew older, i hunted this film on Amazon. Since my mom lets me play bloody Video games now she does not mind it,  and now its one of my favorite Dinosaur Flicks. Yes its Cheesy, but i still like it. Especially the music

Saurian

carnosaur have two  sequels :D and  original is a book
Soory,my English is poor

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.