News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ever Dream Of Attending SDCC?

Started by suspsy, July 08, 2015, 08:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

I've been to a lot of fan conventions over the years. Most of them, however, have been relatively small. The largest one I ever went to was the first NYCC, and there were MAJOR issues with overcrowding. My friends and I ended up just sitting around a table in the food court chatting (we were walk-ins, luckily).

And then yesterday I read this article

http://io9.com/the-crazy-lengths-people-go-to-for-san-diego-comic-con-1715847049?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=

Yeah. It sounds like the ninth circle of hell. It seems like it would be less stressful to become an actor, land a role on a successful TV show, then be invited to SDCC as a guest.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

I would never have the guts to try and fit into a crowd like SDCC! Our local Hal[ifax]CON has grown so much the past few years that even that can feel overcrowded. I couldn't even get tickets last year, and the fact I couldn't makes me glad I wasn't able to because that tiny convention center would have been packed.

suspsy

Ottawa Comic Con has been getting bigger and bigger over the last four years, but I still haven't had to wait in line to attend a panel for more than an hour. And luckily, I'm one of those persons who generally doesn't mind crowds. NYCC was pushing it though. I was in the exhibitors' hall for only about 20 minutes and you literally could not raise your arms to the side, so crowded it was.

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CityRaptor

Gah, that means that I'll never be able to go to SDCC. It's okay. The exclusives this year were not that great anyways.
Who pays 50 dollars for a cheaply made pony in a chickensuit anyways?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

I would love to go to any kind of fan convention, but the bigger, popular ones (including SDCC) are outside of my country. I live in the sticks in the UK, so I would have to travel a long way to get to even a modestly sized con. Also, given my dislike of crowds it's just not feasible right now.

So, any of you guys who get the opportunity to go to a big convention, I am jealous of you >:D

docronnie

Would like to go, why not.  Maybe in the future, but we have plenty of toy conventions here, excluding the comic book conventions, we have 5 this year.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.