You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

NEW Kaiyodo Great Leap Forward museum exhibition set of 5

Started by brettnj, July 07, 2015, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

Cool set, just released. 

I can get these either via YAJ or directly from the museum as luckily my source lives close and visits regularly. 2800 plus fees for set of 5 from YAJ.  400 per figure from museum, plus seller fees. If only available via machine, randomness would likely increase latter price but last year's exhibit's figures were available over the counter as complete sets as well.  My source is calling to confirm tomorrow.

Please let me know ASAP if interested.

Thanks.

http://www.seimei-ten.jp/goods/
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seimei-ten.jp%2Fgoods%2F&edit-text=&act=url

DinoLord

Excluding the Dunkleosteus skull, these all appear to be new sculpts.

Patrx

CityRaptor

Well, given the name of that set, someone needed to look ready for a great leap! ;D

Clearly not the standard Dimetrodon reconstruction.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Patrx on July 07, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
I say, is that a high-walking Dimetrodon?

I can't quite tell if it's walking..but it's certainly reared up in the front croc-style. Kinda close to the pose I'm doing for our Dimetro.

postsaurischian

:D Cool! Especially the Ichthyostega and Dimetrodon - the old one was one of the worse Dinotales figures. I'm glad they decided to make a new one.

brettnj

Quote from: DinoLord on July 07, 2015, 04:18:56 PM
Excluding the Dunkleosteus skull, these all appear to be new sculpts.

Kind of aligns with next month's CQ set with the previously released rather static aquatic Dinotales now on posts, as if swimming.  Normally I wouldn't like this sort of reissue but in this case I never displayed 4 of those 5 figures (Trilobite is fine as is.) so am happy to see it this time. 

Skull looks more like a museum piece now.

brettnj

Just a perhaps unnecessary update since (I think) I've done all via e-mail, but my source has all 17 requested sets in hand. 

They'll arrive in my next typically bimonthly shipment which will likely be in late September since one order is en route to me now.

Thanks.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.